🇮🇹MARANELLO

Abella
Maranello, Italy

Over the next few days, the team at Ferrari had been preparing for the first Grand Prix of 2019 in Australia, starting on the 15th of March. It is still a few weeks away but the HQ had gotten progressively more manic and busy in a blink of an eye. I have been told that I will be starting full work in my internship at the next race in Bahrain, as Lorenzo wants me to become accustomed to how it all works before being thrown in at the deep end. A comforting thought I know. Regardless, I have been spending my time getting to know the ins and outs of the facility and trying to learn every small detail. Turns out even the simple things take hours of revision, as I have spent all my spare time typing up important notes into countless documents every evening. Due to this, I have barely spoken to Charles at all as we both seem to always be busy. Even when we are both at the apartment, one of us is busy with overloading work. I suppose we are somewhat in the same boat, both being in a new team, adapting to a new environment.

Life in Italy is no where near as relaxed as it once was back when we used to kart around my fathers track back in Nice. We used to spend hours lapping the same track trying to achieve the best time of the day. Although between us we very rarely made it to the top of the leaderboard. That space was always taken by Jules' name. By the time I was nearly 12 I had been competing regionally for years, I was never as good as Charles, but I could always be found towards the front of the pack with the occasional win. However it wasn't until I broke my arm skateboarding with Tom that I found my true passion in the racing world. When I found out I wouldn't be able to race for 8 weeks, until my arm was healed, initially I was distraught. Until one afternoon when I was sat in the garage of Jules' GP2 team I had seen the strategists at work. I remember sitting watching them, trying to memorise every detail. After this revelation I spent all my time analysing every one of Jules' races and trying to find strategies to make him go faster. For me that was beginning of my own racing dreams.

Currently I am cycling to Maja's house to meet with her and her boyfriend for dinner as promised. My phone died while I was checking if I was going the right way so I feel like I've been halfway across Italy trying to find the right house. When I finally find it, panting in exhaustion, I drag my feet to the door.

'Hi your here!' Maja squeals pulling me through the now open doorway.

'Hey' I huff 'sorry I'm late' I huff again 'I got a bit lost' I eventually explain ending with a smile.

'No worries, Gio's in the kitchen serving the food'

We walk through to the open plan kitchen where, as Maja had said, Gio was putting plates out on the table. Maja introduces us and we all sit down to eat Gio's homemade lasagna.

'So' Gio starts,'Maja tells me u have an internship at Ferrari?'

'Yea' I say but before I can expand Gio carries on.

'That's super cool' he gasses excitedly.

'Sorry, Gio is a massive formula one fanatic' Maja laughs adding an intentionally not so whispered 'I apologise in advance if he makes u feel uncomfortable' sending a wink towards his playfully grumpy face.

'Anyways, have you seen any famous drivers yet?' he asks, leaning closer across the table.

'Err sort of' I answer not knowing if I should carry on.
Sensing my discomfort Maja saves me from awkwardness by complimenting the meal and starting Gio off on a new conversation.

After a long evening of eating and talking, it starts to get dusky outside. Suddenly realising the time, I bid my goodbyes to Maja and Gio and thank them for their hospitality. When I'm cycling home I figure I must have really lost track of time as it is practically dark by the time I reach the apartment. Locking up my bike, I head for the door and open it with my spare key. I walk in to the kitchen to find Charles pacing around the table looking distressed. His green eyes catch mine, widening with a wash of relief as he lets out a long breath.

'Holy shit Abella. Where were you? I was about to call the damn police!'

Hi again guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter as it took me a while to write. Finally we have met Gio, do we like him? Also so many of you are actually reading this which is really exciting so thank you!

Also can I add the race yesterday was absolutely spectacular. I was sooo happy to see Vettel back on the podium :))