CHAPTER EIGHT - Dilemma

For two months Lieutenant Governor Hixton worked tirelessly to ensure that the North East was under his thumb. With Riker's knowledge of teleportation magic and the aid of a great spell caster such as Pixie, he was able to travel great lengths in short bursts. Advised by his new allies Hixton elected various people to act as envoys within the capital of every state. By doing so he was able to maintain control and prevent any usurpers from rising to cause any further issues. With the use of messaging magics, the group has kept an eye on the North East as they staged their offensive on the cult.

During those two months, Riker lent aid to his new companions and attempted to locate the whereabouts of the Harbingers. To no avail, the group was incapable of directly pinpointing their headquarters or any of the council members. As spring drew near things looked dire as they waited for the Harbingers to come out of hiding. However, as word spread around the North East of Hixton and his regime the Harbingers too grew restless. As their plans were being thwarted right in front of them some of the Harbinger extremists launched an attack on the new Governor. Finally after so long they revealed themselves and the group was able to spring their trap.

Somewhere near Philadelphia PA, Lieutenant Governor Hixton was assaulted by four members of the Harbingers. During his trek through the woods en route to Philly they managed to catch him off guard and pin him down, or so they thought. To their surprise, the seven anticipated they would strike and set up a counteroffensive. Under the lead of Aurora, they managed to thwart the four Harbingers, leaving only one alive to interrogate and get information out of. Fortunately for them, the one they captured was a fragile young man and would prove to be easy to break.

"I won't say it again, where are they staging their operations in the North East?" Riker said with a bloodied knife held calmly in his hand.

"Please, please, they will kill me. I can't tell you anything!" the young man cried out as he sat there. Fresh wounds bled from his neck, cheek, forehead, and thighs.

"You don't think I know that dumbass, take a look," Riker yelled back as he pulled up his sleeve and showed the young man his death mark.

"J-Jesus christ you're the one who betrayed them, holy shit, holy shit, holy shit, I need to go, let me out of here!" the young man cried once more as he turned his eyes away from the skull tattoo on Riker's arm.

"Oh shut the fuck up," Riker said angrily as he placed his hand on the young man's face and pried open his mouth. With his other hand, he placed the sharp edge of the knife inside the young man's mouth and swirled it around.

The taste of his blood filled his mouth as he sat there terrified, moving his tongue out of the way as best as he could. Riker was smiling as he inched the blade closer and closer to the edge of his mouth. In all seriousness Riker wasn't enjoying this, he only wanted to appear like he was so that the young man would talk. Thus far he had given them valuable information but just not enough for them to pinpoint their location. The young man told them of how many numbers they had in the North East, and which council members were with them. However, he just wouldn't budge on where they are located. Once more the young man tried to mumble a cry for help, or a plea for Riker to let him go, but his voice was muffled and Riker didn't understand him.

"Say that again, I couldn't hear you with the edge of my knife about to slice you from lip to ear," Riker said calmly as he pressed the blade against the corner of the man's mouth. Suddenly a nearby door swung open loudly and banged against the wall, coupled with a slight breeze that followed suit.

"Did we get what we need?" Camille asked as she looked over at Riker who pulled the blade from the man's mouth, accidentally cutting him in the process.