why now

After work, I came home to find storm sitting by the door texting. "why are you here?" I asked as she looked up at me. "well can I come to see my mom or is that just wrong too" storm snapped at me. "so let me guess you heard that me and Gavin are over" I asked as I opened the door. "yeah I heard, but I didn't fucking care I came to see you mom" storm snapped back at me again. "ok whatever just get in the house and go to your room ok" I said as I unlocked the door. stormie's room is in the attic, so she has a long way to walk. I walked into the house and fell onto the couch crying.  as I layed on the couch with my face in a pillow crying, I felt a hand on my back. I looked up to see storm rubbing my back,  I sat up and she sat on the couch. "mom, are you ok "storm asked me.  "yeah, I'm fine honey nothing to worry about" I said completely lying. "no your not, I know you better than that" storm said as I kept crying. "ok, I'm not okay, I just feel so worthless" I said as I sobbed in my hands.  "come here mom it's ok" storm said as she put her arms around me. After that whole cry session I finally talked to storm about how her life was and how school was. "So how was everything with your aunt, was it fun" I asked as storm took a sip of hot chocolate. "Yeah, but it wasn't the same without you" stormie said smiling. "Awe, kid i missed you too." I said smiling. "So mama you make cookie or something" she asked me smiling. "Yeah that sounds fun, lets make your fave chocolate chip" I said as we got up. That night stormie and i wrecked my kitchen, but hey it was totally worth it. After that i walked stormie up to her room in the attic, she opened her room door to find none of hr stuff was touched and it all was here. She went to sleep and I decided to text Blake. "Hey cowboy, I wanted to see how you were doing" I texted with a smile on my face. "Hey sunshine, Im doing fine" Blake responded. "Ok cool just checking" I texted back feeling somewhat happy. Nothing could ever make my day any better. That night i went to bed and the only song that played in my head was heartbeat song by Kelly Clarkson. I woke up to find my boys sitting on couch arguing with storm. Kingston and storm like to have a fight over who's older, cause apparently they get the TV remote. Storm is older by 5 years, so she gets the TV remote but kingston is not cool with that and likes to fight back. While Zuma takes his side, its kinda annoying ,but hey at least there awake right. "HEY!!, will you knock it off" I yelled across the room. "I wanna watch legally blonde! I get the remote" storm yelled across the damn room. "Hey storm, could yell a little louder I dont think California has heard you yet" kingston yelled as storm turned on the TV. "Hey guys storm was here first so she gets the TV" I said laughing.