10: perfect

"do we hang out too much?" i asked my best friend as we sat on his garden swing, his head in my lap.
"not really. what d'you think?" he asked me, his green eyes gazing into thin air.
"i mean we do but there's no one else who will understand our weird humour"
"agreed. i love the band, harry...my old bandmates. but when us two met on the x factor...that was something else"
"honestly harry, i think you're the only true friend i've had"  i admitted shyly.

"im sure that's not true" he replied.
"okay, i have friends but they wouldn't go to the end of the earth for me like you. it still surprises me that you take care of me when i get really depressed" i confessed.
"oi i love you. you make me so fucking happy"
"hence why i try to make you happier"

harry blushed and hid his face, his shy side showing. after he had his moment he grabbed my hands and kissed them.
"youre the platonic love of my life till you're mine romantically" he told me.
"i'd love that" i smiled softly. his eyes were now closed as he listened to the wind. i got my phone out and took a picture of him. he never minded really and i rarely posted on my public instagram which had three million followers (when youve known the entirety of one direction for ten years, it's possible) but i posted this photo of harry.

@sarahlee: harrys a dumb dumb pass it on

my comment section went crazy. some of harrys fans shipped us even though they knew i was a lesbian and that i'd dated nadia. i'd archived all my posts with nadia however so it was clear we'd broken up. of course she always posted about me on her story saying i cheated on her with harry - which was true. but no one believed her (except the few toxic people who despised me) which was funny - she looked pathetic.

"sarah" i looked down at the gorgeous man.
"are you okay?" he got off my lap and looked at me. i was so attracted to him, looking him in the eye was terrifying - but i wanted to gaze into his soul for eternity.
"im not doing too bad honestly" i admitted.
"that's good to hear. anyway...do you wanna go on a date tonight?" he asked shyly.
"huh?"
"a date. you and i"
"uhh..." i hadn't gone on a date in ages.
"if you don't want to leave the house tonight we can just watch a movie" he suggested.

he knew me too well.
"sounds perfect" i kissed his cheek gently and they tinted pink. what a nervous boy.
"dumb dumb. i gotta get to work" i got off the swing and headed inside. i worked in a boutique and it was really fun. i liked fashion a lot - sure it wasn't giving me a fuck ton of money but i was having fun. harry taught me that if im enjoying what im doing, im not unsuccessful - louis told me that all the time too.

"you need a ride?" harry ran after me. simp.
"sure. sounds good. race you to the car" i shoved him and dashed off, giggling.
"hey!"

my shift went smoothly then harry picked me up and we went back to my flat where he'd gotten us chinese food. i wore his hoodie and some pyjama bottoms whilst he just had on his boxers. it was nice to just relax with harry. usually when we did this, we were just being platonic but this time felt different. it was like we were closer.

the movie ended so we went to tidy up. as i did the dishes, harry wrapped his muscular arms round my waist and leaned his head on my shoulder. he was muttering under his breath which i ignored as he was probably deep in thought.

"dyou wanna go for a drive?" he asked.
"sure" i replied as i washed my hands. i then turned around to face him. god, he was so beautiful. so mesmerising.
"you okay?" i asked.
"im falling for you" he whispered, our foreheads connecting together. i looked away nervously.

was harry actually falling for me?

the awkwardness broke as we got changed and got into his car. midnight driving with the windows down? yes fucking please. we turned on some music and bopped to our hearts content. we were really having fun.
"harry what the fuck is Bermondsey?"
"you said that completely wrong!"
"okay and?"
"its pronounced Ber-mun-zee"
"well why the fuck is it spelt like THAT?"
"i don't know. d'you wanna go?"
"why not?" we both grinned.

so we did. we trekked all the way to east london and ran around bermondsey holding hands and giggling. harry was taking so many dumb pictures of me but i loved every second of it.
"harry" the brunette looked at me, stars in his eyes.

"i think im falling for you too. but honestly...why are you falling for me?"
he stepped closer to me. "baby, you're perfect"