vii

Chapter 07;
𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬
≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"Sir!" Hoseok rushed into the palace in hurry. Jin and his father, Ji-won perked up in their seats seeing their most trusted guard entering the room. "We have a lead on Jeongguk."

Shocked by the news, Jin started hacking and coughing.

"Well, out with it!" King Ji-won told Hoseok to tell him what he's learned, while also patting Jin's back, so he wouldn't die and cause a scene.

"Well, I was out scouting the reef, and I ran into a woman, who saw prince Jungkook the day he disappeared." Hoseok turned around to nod at the guards standing by the door, signaling them to open it.

Walking into thrown room was two of Hoseok's most trusted advisers, BamBam and Yugyeom. The two mermen were escorting a yellowtail mermaid into the room.

"This is Choi Somi." Hoseok introduced the dark haired, beautiful woman to the king and prince.

"Your highness, prince." The woman bowed her head to the royals.

"Yeah, yeah whatever– where's my brother?" Jin blew past her introduction wanting answers about his missing brother.

"Well, my prince I don't know if his actual location–" Jin sighed slumping back into his throne. "–but I did see how he was taken–"

"TAKEN!?!" The king angrily shouted. The man was furious that someone would date touch Jungkook. The man worried about his kingdom's future and how the boys disappearance would cause a shift in the kingdom's morale. "Lock her away."

"My king–"

"Do as I tell you, Hoseok." Ji-won commanded the orange tailed merman.

So reluctantly Hoseok followed the man's orders and handcuffed Somi. "I'm sorry about this." He apologized to the girl.

"B-but my king. I-i've done nothing wron-g." Somi said but the king wasn't willing to listen and beckoned the guards to take her away.

"Dad, why did you do that? She was only here to help." Jin turned to his father wanting answers.

"We can't have our citizens swimming around like crazy clams because Jungkook is missing." The man said nonchalantly. "And I could willfully let her let her go or she'd spread the news to everyone and cause a mass panic."

"But–"

"My word is final." Ji-won shut down Jin's argue before it could even start.

"Somi, I told you not to do this because I knew something bad would happen, but you didn't listen." Yugyeom lectures the girl behind the metal bars.

"Relax, this was all apart of the plan." Somi said calmly. "I trust Taemin's plan and I know I'll work." She said with determination. "We will take back what was our even if it means going into war."

-

Sorry for the late and short chapter 🥺