prologue pt 1!

IT SEEMED LIKE EVERYONE in the wizarding world knew of Lennon Donahue. Born to Eliphas and Evanora Donahue, the only child was practically born with a bag of galleons in her hand. Her family name was what brought along that stereotype, you could have never guessed that the girl was any richer than the Weasley's if you had a conversation with her. 

Her family was one of the most prominent Wizarding World names due to Eliphas's work as an Auror. Because of her father's stature, she had naturally received a letter from every wizard academy or school on the continent of Europe on her eleventh birthday. Eliphas and Evanora didn't want to deprive their young daughter of a Hogwarts education like they had growing up, so she was sent to Hogwarts that September. 

She was sorted into Ravenclaw, unsurprisingly, she could recite textbooks by the age of six. But being in Ravenclaw wasn't just all about studying and being smart, in the girl's case she was exceptionally gifted. She knew dozens of sixth-year spells before her she even started at Hogwarts, which automatically drew the eyes of all her professors and classmates. But she was no stranger to unwanted attention. 

By the time the girl had reached her fifth year and she was an appropriate age to begin dating, she had a herd of boys following her every step. Some even tried proposing to the poor girl. She kindly declined them all with manners learned from her mother, until she met Oliver Wood. 

Oliver was one of few boys who hadn't tried to constantly beg for her affection and she greatly appreciated and admired him for that. The two quickly became friends despite their different houses. Lennon didn't see Oliver as just a quidditch fanatic and Oliver didn't see Lennon as just an entitled rich girl. To no one's surprise, the two started dating in February of their fifth year after flirting with each other for months. She didn't feel like she loved him yet, even though he had said it to her multiple times. Those words were reserved in a special place in the deep confines of her heart, a place any boy had yet to enter. 

Oliver visited her manor multiple times during the summer and they played endless quidditch, but Lennon didn't mind. Just spending time with Oliver was enough. He met her parents and in return, she met his. Their families became good friends but something just didn't feel right. Lennon pushed those feelings deep down and focused on Oliver because he loved her and he was there for her. That should be all she needs right? 

So going into her sixth year, she suspected she would finally fall in love, but what she didn't know is that his name didn't start with an O.