Chapter 31

~Karma POV~

I wake up the next morning to notice Nagisa still sleeping and her family gone. I'm confused for a second until I see a note on the bed side table saying that they had work.

I get up and leave the room to grab coffee. When I come back I see Nagisa waking up and her heart moniter speeding up to show it.

"Heyy baby," I whisper.

"Everything hurts," She responds quietly. She presses her hand down on her stomach and winces as a nurse comes in the room.

I see the nurse put some morphine into Nagisas IV once Nagisa stops looking towards the nurse.

Not long passes before you can tell that Nagisa has pain medication in her system. Her body falls slightly limp and she has a slight dazed look on her face.

"Is that any better baby?" I ask.

"I hate pain medication," She mutters, "I take enough drugs."

"The drugs you take are to help you babe," I point out.

She just shakes her head quietly.

"Nagi why don't you get some rest," I state.

"Nooo, you're here I'm fiine," Nagisa slurs.

"Nagisa you look exhausted," I say.

"Hmm its the pain medication," she defends.

"Would you rather be in pain?" I ask, genuinely curious.

"I can deal with pain. High fucking whatever this is I can't- I don't like this feeling," She stutters.

"That proves my point baby. You need to rest," I whisper.

By the time visiting hours are over Nagisa fell asleep.

When I came back the next morning she was wide awake and looked completely sober.

"No pain medication today?" I ask, "Doesn't it still hurt?"

She nods, "Yeah but I would rather deal with the pain then not know what the fuck is going on."

After she finishes saying that I notice her wince and put her hand over her stomach like she did yesterday.

"Babe I don't like seeing you in pain like this. Can you at least take some form of pain medication?" I ask after seeing her wince in pain.

"What? No! I'm fine!" She states. Her breathing said something completely different though.

"Nagisa, you're breathing quickly meaning that you're in pain. Please?" I beg. I really hate seeing her hurt. It makes me wish that I could have shot her ex instead.

Before she can protest though, a nurse comes in and puts a breathing mask over her face because of her fast breathing.

Unfortunately it was an anesthetic pain medication so Nagisa was asleep the rest of the day but at least she wasn't in pain as she slept.

=====

This was kinda a filler chapter but yk.