Chapter 1 - New World

Riku Pov

As I got transported to another world, the first thing I noticed was that I found myself on the sidewalk of the road. That was until somebody grabbed my collar and started shaking me back and forward.

"Why didn't you help me back then? I'm stuck now here because of you!" Aqua yelled at me as she was crying. Her tears started to stain my body, which made me really annoyed and disgusted. So the only thing I could do to get her off me was a slap on her face.

"Ow! Why did you do that!"

"Stop whining and get over it. You're staining my jacket with your tears and snot." I said as I whipped out the wet spot on my jacket. The same spot she cried over.

Kazuma appeared, and he scolded Aqua before introducing himself to me. I did the same as we each gave each other a handshake. It seemed like they were waiting for me, as Kazuma proposed that we go to the Adventurer's Guild so that we can register as adventurers.

I found that idea pretty smart as I compliment him, which he took too proudly and said to me, "Of course! After all, I am not a shut-in NEET!" Is what he said to me, to which I gave him a blank expression before nodding awkwardly.

We continued walking until we reached to a giant building. All of us were astounded by its sheer size and felt a little intimidated by it. I took a gulp of my salvia as I felt my hands became sweaty due to nervousness.

"Looks like this is the place," Kazuma said as a sound of broken glass could be heard inside the building, which made Aqua take a step back.

All three of us all walked inside and weas met with a cute waitress that turned around to face us with a smile.

"Welcome! If you're here to eat, please take any open seat. If you need job guidance, head to the counter inside."

"Thank you." Kazuma thanked her as I looked around.

The guild looked much fancier than I expected; it looked cleaner, has some beautiful decorations, a great atmosphere, and a giant bone of an unknown creature on the roof. There was a statue of a man with a sword in front of us too.

Kazuma seemed excited; I, too, was excited. I can't wait to use my ability!

Suddenly someone called out for us, but only Kazuma and Aqua turned around. I went around and explored the place some more before meeting with them again at the statue.

Kazuma told me that we were going to register as adventurers at the counter, to which I nodded and followed him from behind along with Aqua to my side. As we walked, Aqua started to talk to Kazuma about how surprised she was at how capable guy he was before insulting him again without knowing she did so.

When we finally reached to the counter, I saw a beautiful blond-haired lady with gold-colored eyes. She wore a black and white dress with a golden star badge on her right sleeve. She gave us a smile that could melt a person's heart away.

"Hello. What can I do for you today?"

"Um, we'd like to become adventurers." Kazuma took the lead and told her.

"I see. In that case, you'll first need to pay the registration fee."

"Sure, sure... Huh? Registration fee? Do any of you have any money?"

He asked us and turned around, Aqua shook her head, meaning she had no money inside her pockets.

"You dragged me here without any warning. Of course I don't."

I could see the disappointed look on his face as he turned to me, looking hopeful along with Aqua. I moved around my pockets and search for something before hearing a metallic sound as I felt something heavy on one of my pockets. Taking it out, I pulled a bag of coins out from my pocket.