Chapter One:Grow Up

Huey's P.O.V

I never really looked at someone and thought 'we could be really good friends' maybe it because of where I live, or maybe its because of the people around me. I'm not sure why but I know it hasn't happened.I also noticed I have more enemies than I do friends.That doesn't bother me much either, I think I kinda like it that way. Enemies .Speaking of enemies my number one would be Heaven Amethyst Love Mckoy.She's always right, or so she thinks.She's always perfect, or so she thinks.I can't stand her ass.But you know it's just about time to stop venting.Until next time~Huey Freeman.

I logged out of my computer and sighed looking out of the window.

"Another day in hell." I breathed out. It's always the same in Woodcrest.The sun goes up, stupid shit happens then the sun goes down.As I walked down the stairs I hear Granddad and Riley's early morning argument. It's one of the many things I've grown used to... But like Woodcrest that doesn't mean I like it.

"HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO START MY DAY CORRECTLY WITHOUT MY DAILY DOSE OF VITAMIN C NIGGA!?!?" Grandad screams at Riley looking for his belt.

"I DON'T KNOW AND I DON'T CARE JUST GO GET SOME MORE ORANGE JUICE!!!" Riley fired back as I walked passed him and looked inside the fridge for all the ingredients needed to make a sandwich.

"I'm surprised Riley's even up this early."I mumbled.

"You know what..."Granddad trails off as he find his belt."I'll show yo lil disrespectful ass."Grandad mumbled.

Whip

"Ow nigga." Riley screamed.

Whip

"Ahhhh Grandad."

Whip

"I'm sorry nigga I'm sorry"

Whip whip

"OK OK I'll get the orange juice I'm sorry Grandad."

"You better be nigga."Granddad said sternly whilst rolling his belt up on his hand.

"Huey I want you to invite Mr. and Mrs. McKoy and their daughter to dinner tonight. I would invite the Dubois's but I heard Jasmine is having a little tantrum about her father stay another week on business. Poor lil baby I hope she's OK now, she just loves her daddy that's all." Grandad explained whilst I kinda phased out after he said the name McKoy. I mean why them, why this, why her ?  I mean what have I done so wro- scratch that I've done a lot of things wrong, but not to deserve this fate.

"Really Grandad why do we have to invite people all the time why can't we just be alone? I mean this is our house."I stated emphasizing the word 'our' in the mist of my statement.

"Nigga you gay." Riley said obviously taking what I said in the wrong way as always.

"Boy don't make me get the belt out again." Grandad warned Riley." And first of all this is my house, there is no we, us or our involved. With that being said I will invite who I want into this house and do as I please. Now go invite those nice people over to dinner now!" Grandad informed.

"But Grand- " I started.

"But Grandad nothing nigga go invite them people to dinner and Riley go get my god damn orange juice." The old nigg-  I mean grandad instructed us.

"Fine." I mumbled putting on my Jordans and sweater before slamming the door.

"Aye yo wait nigga I gotta come to." Riley yelled from inside the house. I just kept walking, walking to the devils house.

♪♬♩♬♭♪♬♩♪♬♭♭♬♪♩♭♬♭♬♪♬♩♭♪♩♬

'Ding dong'

I rang the doorbell and waited impatiently.

The door opened to a short brownskin women with waist length hair. It looked real to me I would know a weave when I saw one because of all of grandad's hoes that he only gets once in a while. She looked just like Heaven.

"Hello are you one of Heaven's friends?"The women asked nicely. I shuddered at the thought of being friends with that girl.

"Yeah I guess you could say that. Anyways my grandfather, brother and I live three houses down and have never invited you guys over for dinner so we would like that to change today. Would you guys like to come to dinner at the Freeman house?" I asked the women with my world famous scowl on my face.

"You don't seem very happy about it so you decide." The women said smirking and leaning against the door frame. I honestly wanted to say no and leave but I knew I would be in Riley's place, getting an ass whooping.

"No that's just my regular facial expression." I lied noting wanting to face Grandads belt when I got home.

"Oh well if you say so lil man. Um it's a yes for me and my husband but you gotta go ask Heaven yourself she doesn't always agree with particular choices that my husband and I make. She's upstairs in her room third door to the left." The women who I assume is Heavens mother directed me. As I walked into the house it smelled like bacon and biscuits. Must be breakfast time for these people. I paced up the stairs without making a sound, it's a habit. I walked down the hallway counting all the doors to the right until I got to three and knocked.

"Come in, the door is open." A calm voice spoke. If this is Heaven's room this is the calmest I've ever heard her. I open the door the see the small frame of the 14year old Heaven laying down on the blue couch in her room. She was wearing her brown hair in messy looking pony tail, had on hot pink footsie pajamas and some fuzzy purple socks. And she was read a...revolutionary book. Matter of fact I looked around her room and saw a big book shelf with what seemed like millions of them. I was stunned, but that doesn't mean I have anything in common with this girl.

"Mom if you have anything to say now would be the time to say it."Heaven groaned whilst looking up. Her eyes almost popped out of her head when she saw me standing before her instead of her mother.

"Look I'm not here for questions. Would you like to come to dinner tonight, your parents already said yes but they wanted me to ask u personally." I asked as quickly as I could. Looking back on my statement I noticed that it sounded like I was asking her out on a...date. Before I could open my mouth to take back what I had said Heaven was already speaking.

"First off the way you said that sounded like you were asking me out. " I rolled my eyes at her knowing she was about to start rambling. "Second off sure I'll come to your family dinner mostly because I don't want to hear my mothers mouth about me being rude."

"Just so you know I'm not doing this by will my grandfather is making me. I still can't stand your ass." I growled.

"Listen Huey can't you act civilized for once. We are young adults get over yourself.School is ending tomorrow and we are gonna be in high school in two months it's time to stop living in the past. You're fourteen. It's time to grow up." She said pushing me by the chest, since that's the only place she could reach, out of her room then slammed the door in my face.

"Says the fourteen year old girl in the footsie pajamas." I yelled at the door making sure she could here me before exiting the house.

"She said yes." I warned her mother. She nodded and said goodbye and I responded the same exact way.

'This is gonna be one hell of a night.' I thought before making my way back home to tell Grandad of my encounter.

A/N: I'm heaven I love the boondocks and yeah that pretty much somes me up...Oh yeah I like to dance and I can sing a lil. So um pretty normal updates and ily u guys bye.

Xx comment Xx vote Xx share Xx follow Xx ily♬♡♥