[9] Joint.

As the words left Blaze's mouth, Vendetta's sobs stopped, ended by a gasp. His widened green eyes dared to move towards Blaze, to see him wearing a blank face, staring trough him. He quickly took his hand away from his mouth, then tried to pull a confused face, which was hard to keep up between the tears.

     "What... What are you talking about?" he asked, but his voice came out shaky, not the way he wanted to.

     Blaze reached his hand up to Vendetta's mouth, covering it, and sure enough he saw Vendetta's figure once again.

     "Vendetta..." he said again with a monotonous voice. "This is just ... ironic..." he thought out loud, the situation having been truly twisted up. He, the hero of the town, managed to get himself a kiss from Vendetta, the villain of the town. That wasn't something he ever expected. 

     Vendetta felt his eyes tear up , and as he blinked he once again started sobbing quietly. Before, he was crying after thinking about his lonely past. Now, he was crying knowing his future would be no different. His brother was away, the citizens hated him, Blaze hated him, Blake didn't seem too pleased to know who Victor really was.... He was once again alone. But he had to be thankful, he got about two minutes of pure happiness once in his life, so he was just going to cherish them and move on.

     As Vendetta felt the warm hand leave the bottom half of his face, he didn't even have to turn around to know he was leaving. His steps were loud and clear in the silence and with each one going further down the road he would flinch, knowing there was nothing he could do about it.

     Sniffling, he went towards the bus station bench and slumped down on it, letting his sobs free.

     But...

     ...He promised himself, it would be the last time he was going to cry.

<><><><><><><><><><>

     The next day, Vendetta woke up with a big grin on his face. Yes, a grin. 

     After crying all of his problems away, he took a look at everything from a different point of view. 

     He was a villain. A super villain. With super powers. He, unlike normal people, could live his life just the way he wanted. So why was he supposed to do otherwise? 

     He made up a plan : To not make plans anymore.    He was just going to live his life however the hell he wanted, ignoring the unnecessary drama. He still had the sack of money which he stole weeks ago, and he was going to take advantage of that. 

     Standing up he yawned while stretching, then patted his hair, dressed up and went for the gallery, with money in his pocket. Him crying about his loneliness would do no help, so he was just going to accept it.

<><><><><><><><><><>

       Blaze stared up at the gallery which was closed, the program having ended. He intended on catching Vendetta before he'd leave, but seeing he was nowhere around he decided he was going to try again the next day. He didn't want to keep Vendetta in the dark about their situation, and was planning on telling him that the Blake he knew was Blaze all along, dreading the moment when he'll find out. It was going to be awkward.  

     He sighed, and just as he was about to walk away, he hard laughter coming from the alley behind the gallery. It surprisingly sounded like Vendetta's voice.