Chapter 1: Opening

It was the middle of the day in Atlas, the rennovations being done on the New  York Public Library in Atlas were still in progress, but only a few minor exterior ones were left, meaning people can go in and out of the library as they please as long as they don't get in the way of the construction.

Inside the library was the librarian, doing her job as usual, pushing the cart and picking up books that are to be re-shelved elsewhere in the library. One book in particular was to go into the area known as 'Special Collections', the book was called 'The Grimmerian Codex'. People didn't stop by to chat with the sweet and innocent librarian since they knew she was busy with part of her job.

After collecting some of the books to be shelved downstairs from the upper level of the library, she went downstairs. While shelving a couple of books, she didn't notice at first that a few books were repositioned to other shelves by an un-seen entity. When looking back, the books had all been fully moved, the librarian having not noticed the moving books.

She stops for a second at a side table to set down a few spare books and then started writing on a clipboard to log the book in the library's collection. When resuming walking, she brought the clipboard and pen with her as she walked past a few drawers of note cards all with data on various books.

As she walked past the drawers, some of them one by one started coming out on their own, notes being sent flying everywhere. At the sound of the notes flying, she looked back. And when she saw all of the notes flying everywhere for seemingly no reason, she went running, the sight scaring her. She kept running, managing to dodge books as they get flung off of various shelves.

The more she ran, the worse she was feeling about what she might see. When she turned a corner, she saw something that scare her and even made her scream, whatever she sees even blowing her hair back as a loud roar was heard.

The view then cuts to a more peaceful view, to a university in Atlas, and a single word fades on screen.

GRIMMBUSTERS

If there's something strange in your neighborhood, who ya gonna call?
Grimmbusters!

The university itself was as active as ever. Visitors, students, and employees going in and out as they would.

If there's something weird, and it don't look good, who ya gonna call?
Grimmbusters!

Down in a lower area of the university, one person in particular named Jaune Arc, was running a test on a couple of students. A male student named Steven and a female student named Jennifer, the students were hooked up to a electrical shock machine that would shock them at the push of a button. The study was effect of negative re-enforcement on ESP ability. The door had in red letters painted on it that said, "ARC, BURN IN HELL!" and under that, it had three names. Dr. Jaune Arc, Dr. Neptune Vasilias, and Dr. Lie Ren.

"Okay, i'm gonna turn over the next card. I want you to concentrate." Jaune said to the male student, holding up a card. "And I want you to tell me what you think it is."

The male student put a couple of finger to his head and began concentrating, trying to guess what picture was on the card.

"Square." Steven guessed

Jaune turned the card around and it was a diamond.

"Good guess, but wrong." Jaune said as he sat the card down in a separate stack

Jaune then flicked a switch which shocked Steven a little as Jaune wrote something down on a small paper he had. Then, he turned to Jennifer as he held up another card.