end

"jihoon

"jihoon...?"

his soft voice echoed in the dark and cold room. he could feel his heart beat out of his chest, it was very much nerve-wracking. it was the day. the day that he finally decided to tell him what i truly felt.

though, he felt like something was wrong.

and in fact, something was indeed wrong. he just didn't know it.

"jihoon?"

he calls out again, this time with more volume, worry evident in his voice.

as he approached the only figure in the room, he could feel his heart beat get faster. each step he took made fear rise up in his chest.

"wake up, jihoon."

he reached his hand out to the motionless body, gently shaking his shoulder as he tried to wake him up.

yet, that was the problem.

he wasn't waking up.

for every second that passes, his shakes were starting to get more aggressive. and that's when he realized that he wasn't waking up any time soon.

"jihoon, please... please wake up..." his voice cracked, as tears started to build up in his eyes.

he clearly wasn't giving up yet. he couldn't believe it– he refused to believe it. he didn't want to accept the possibility of him never waking up again.

soonyoung took his body in his arms, thinking that he would be strong enough to hold him. yet, that was what he thought. his legs grew weak, as he fell on to the ground, tears streaming down his eyes.

"you wouldn't leave me."

soonyoung sobs, pressing his fingers against his pulse.

"you're just really sleepy, right?"

he felt his heart drop, not feeling a single pulse from him. his heart dropped, as tears went down his cheeks, dropping onto his sweater.

"no..."

wrapping his arms around the motionless body, he hugged him to his chest, as he cried out in pain.

he felt useless. he was mad at himself. he wasn't able to stop him. he could have.

if only he had followed him here, if only he hadn't much to drink. if only i hung out with him more. if only he stayed the night with him here, if only he kept him company.

then maybe, just maybe, they would have been happy.

"i don't wanna be alone."

his sobs died down, as he quietly cries, holding him tight in his arms.

"this wasn't the ending that i wanted."

soonyoung buried his face onto his chest, knowing well that he wasn't going to hear a heartbeat from him.

"what kind of future would i have, now that you're not here with me?"