Chapter 1

Igneous sighed. He had been in a lot of pain since he fell into the water. He and Senn had stopped in the middle of the forest for the Ardoni to rest couple hours after the Guardian incident. The fire that they had set had cracked and cackled like a witch and the northern lights in night sky was still as bright as ever. Igneous looked over at the Senn, who was fast asleep and resting on Timber. The horse was lying next to the Ardoni in the soft grass. Igneous quivered as he looked down, his body began to have black patches all over, mostly his hands. Igneous felt his head spin around, it was hard to breathe with his chest tightened.
“What’s happening to me?” He silently asked himself. Igneous thought to himself, maybe if he read his book that would take his mind off of the pain. He grabbed the book that was beside him and opened it. He couldn’t focus, he scoffed of frustration and put the book beside him. Igneous whined again, looking at his body as he took notice that the spots were getting bigger. He looked over to check on Senn and Timber. Senn was siring in his sleep, Igneous cocked his head and wondered what the Ardoni was dreaming about. Whatever it was, he hoped Senn was okay. Ever since Igneous met him, Senn had seemed upset. It was probably because of his family, because the Ardoni mentioned that they were no longer around. Igneous wondered what happened to Senns’ family. As he was trapped in thought, he began to shake, besides the awful feeling was all over but there was a tight pain in his chest that made him sit up and gasp for air. This was probably the worst thing he had ever felt in his life. This caused Timber to sit up and Senn to wake up with fright. He ran over to the Magnorite. The Ardoni tried to get Igneous to calm down but that only made things worse. They were both caught in confusion, they were both trying to figure out what was wrong with Igneous.
“Igneous! Please calm down! What’s going on?” Senn had said. Igneous stopped coughing and stared at Senn. The Ardoni eased himself away from the Magnorite, those didn’t look like the gentle eyes he saw when he met Igneous. There were fear and sadness caught in them.
“I don’t know, Senn…but, I think this is happening because of the water.” Igneous replied. Senn looked at him with worry. “After I fell in, I got the worst headache ever...I still do, too.” Igneous explained. The Ardoni’s face turned pale.
“Y-you’re body! It’s turning black!” Senn stammered. Igneous looked down to find that almost all of his body was covered in black splotches and they were growing bigger at a rabid rate. His body felt stiff, and it was hard to breathe. He felt something new, too. It felt awful. Igneous clenched his head in pain and growled. Igneous realized this feeling was anger. He didn’t want to take it out on Senn and kill him, he knew what he could do. Igneous got up from the ground and took a few steps back. Senn got up, too.
“Stay back.” Igneous ordered. Senn got closer. The Magnorite could feel the flame of anger heat up. He didn’t want Senn to look at him. “I don’t want to hurt you.” He said. Senn took two more steps raising his hands up in the air.
“Igneous, please calm down-“ Senn had said before getting cut off a roar of pain coming from the Magnorite. Igneous ran forward and scratched Senn in the face. A yelp came out of the Ardoni and he fell back in shock. Timber sat up and now was fully aware of what was going on. Igneous looked down at the Ardoni with regret for what he had done. Senn had felt blood coming out of his left cheek. He looked up at Igneous with fear. The Magnorite took two steps back once again.
“I-I’m sorry, Senn-I-I’m sorry” Igneous began to cry magma tears. He turned to leave Senn. It was for the better. He ran as fast as he could to get away from the Ardoni, he didn’t want to hurt Senn. Igneous tripped over a vine and fell to the ground. It knocked him out completely. Igneous got sent into the void of slumber.