Prolouge Edith prior POV 75 years earlier

I walk down the hall for a final meeting with Barry. I can't believe he wants to do this. The experiments will be crazy, but not killing children for no reason crazy. The briefcase I hold in my hand could save lives if kept with us, but Barry is an old friend. I reach where he stands.
" Just for the record, I find what you're doing despicable," I say at him, trying to make the words sound poisonous. he doesn't turn his head as he reaches out his arm and says,
"Serum. Now." I hand over the briefcase filled with memory serum, the briefcase that he will use to take tons of innocent lives, to fake a war for his own selfish purposes, to become a ruler. he is turning America into a country called panem. He will make everyone think that there has been nuclear destruction so that they don't go where there are experiments.
" So just to be clear, you're laying off of the following places," I start. he makes an "I'm listening" gesture, and I continue. " Indianapolis, Chicago, Milwaukee," I list a few more. he nods his head and I leave. He didn't turn around once the whole time.
" Why do you care, Amanda?" I think to myself.
" no, not Amanda. Edith," I think, and walk aimlessly around on my last day as Amanda Ritter.