YOU for ME #One

Misti: I just hope I survive these 3 months somehow, don't want any more drama in my life

Shanu: Hi Misti! Why are you sitting alone there? Come here, sit with us.

Tanu: Misti, you're so boring. What happened to you? What are you thinking? Come here. Join us.

Shanu: Hi Rani! How are you?

Rani: I am good. How are you?

Tanu: Come here Rani. Let's introduce you to someone. Misti, meet Rani. Rani, meet Misti.

Both Misti and Rani smiling at each other.

Misti: What the hell? How is this possible? Oh God! No! Please save me! Not again!

Rani: Okay. I don't want to be introduced to someone new. I have had enough already.

Misti: Hi!

Rani: Hello!

Shanu: Areh, you both are bengalis, so no need of English.

Misti: This was the last thing I was wishing for.

Rani: How does that change anything? I want to stay away from mankind!

Misti: Oh! It's nice to find someone share your mother tongue in this far away land.

Rani: Yes, I know. It's a blessing.

Tanu: Okay you two, if you're done staring at each other, can we go for lunch? I am really hungry.

Shanu: Stop embarrassing them Tanu. They just met.

Tanu: What? Why are you hitting me? They are the ones doing it.

Misti: Doing what?

Shanu: Nothing. Ignore her. Tanu fantasizes anyone and everyone to hook up.

Rani: Okay. But why would she fantasize about us hooking up? How is that even possible?

Shanu: Exactly the point. Ignore her.

Misti: Tanu, you are really weird. Let's go for lunch. Aren't you hungry anymore?

Misti and Rani exchanged a brief look, a bit awkward at Tanu's comment earlier.

Misti: Is it always necessary for you to gift me with weird people in my life, God? What do you want? Aren't you satisfied with all the drama that's already done and dusted in this lifetime?

God (laughing): But it's fun. You enjoy so much.

Misti (annoyed): I enjoy or You enjoy?

God (laughing): We both do. You play your part so well every single time.

Misti (annoyed): I don't play any part. This is my life, I am trying to live it, and you're definitely not helping me with something good.

God (smiling): Really? You think so? Not helping you? Ok, I'll keep that in mind.

Misti: Ok. No. Sorry. I didn't mean it that way. You do help me, and I love you for that; but what's the need of so much drama?

God: Because it's fun. Otherwise your life would have been so boring. You wouldn't have made memorable memories. Don't you think?

Misti: Yeah, well. Who can ever win an argument with you?

God (chuckling): Well, till date; No one!

Misti: I thought so!

Tanu: Misti! Misti! Hello! Girl! Where are you? Are you listening to me? What will you have for lunch? God, you're so weird! What happened to you?

Misti: Oh! Sorry! Yes. I will have lunch.

Shanu: Of course you will have lunch you idiot, but WHAT will you have is the question?

Rani: Hey, are you ok? You seem lost? Are you not feeling well?

Misti: Oh! No no, I am good. I'll have noodles.

Tanu: Seriously? Even here you want to have noodles? We are out of hostel now, can you order something else?

Misti: But I like noodles.

Shanu: Definitely not. You LOVE noodles!

Misti (blushing): Nothing like that.

Rani: So what's the problem with her having noodles? Let her have what she likes.

Tanu: Ooooo! Already? You just met her, already possessive?

Rani: What the hell? How do you do that Tanu? You dig out a different meaning in everything that is said.

Tanu: Well, that's a talent! Not everyone has it!

Rani: Thank God for that. Otherwise it would have been very difficult to speak in this world then.

Shanu: Ok children. Shut up! God, T you really need to stop doing these. It's a new place and new people, and everything new. You never know who reacts in what way. You'll get into trouble if you continue like this.

Tanu (hugging Shanu): That's why I have you dear, you'll save my ass.

Shanu: Yeah, that's what I was born for. Your bodyguard.

Tanu: I am lucky to have a hot and sexy bodyguard!

Shanu: Ohhhh! Shut up! Get off me. Will you?

Tanu: Na, you love this. You love me way too much.

Misti (clearing her throat): Well, if you two are done with your PDA, can we order?

Tanu: Awesome M, you're a fast learner. I like that.

Misti: Thank you, but don't hit on me now. I am unavailable.

Shanu: Really? I thought you're done with him? You broke up with him before you came here, right?

Tanu: Yes. You are single and sooooooo ready to mingle. How is Rani for you? You like her?

Rani and Misti together: WHAT??? What are you saying?

Tanu (laughing): Oh geez! Chill you two! I am just joking!

Shanu (mocking): Told you, new place, new people, new reactions. Anyway, Misti, Rani, ignore her, please. I don't remember the last time she was serious in her life. So, Just. Ignore. Her. You'll be happier in your life.

Tanu: Yeah, whatever.

Shanu: Let's cut off everything else and just order our food. Misti, go, get your noodles. Rani, you coming with me?

Rani (replying involuntarily): Yes. Let's go.

Shanu and Rani leaves for the other food counter.

Tanu: Shanu has a great ass, doesn't she?

Misti (frowning): I don't think, I want to judge that.

Tanu: But Rani will be really good for you. At least as a rebound.

Misti (pushing hard): Oh please!!!