YOU for ME #Fifteen

Karan: Helloooooooooo! Oh my God, all of you are actually here! This is such a wonderful sight! I wish Sneha was here to see this lovely view!

Dhruv stammered and said, "But where is Sneha? What happened to her? She was supposed to be here tonight and you were supposed to be here tomorrow morning."

Tanu: So, this is Karan! Oooooo... I must say Rani and Dhruv, your daughter has a great taste in men!

Karan: And definitely you must be Tanu Maasi. I don't think Sneha knows that you'll be here.

Tanu: Even I didn't know till yesterday morning that I'll be here, so let's not blame her.

Dhruv: But wait, let's back up a bit. It is a great surprise Karan that you are here today, but where is Sneha and why did she text this to me?

Rani: What do you mean? What did she text you and when? Is her flight delayed?

Dhruv: See for yourself Rani, I have no idea what is going on.

Misti: What does she mean by "mom was right"? What is she talking about?

Karan: Seriously? She said that? We just had a silly argument and for that she's making such a big comment?

Shanu: But what happened between the two of you? Argument about what?

Rani: See, I told you. And you people keep saying that I am paranoid for no particular reason. I am her mother, I had this gut feeling.

Misti: Rani please, we don't even know the entire story. So please, just calm down.

Tanu: Will someone tell me what's going on? Five minutes back I was on cloud nine with my entire family; and now it seems like I don't even know any of you. Someone please explain.

Karan gestured everyone to take a seat and listen to him carefully.

Karan narrating his and Sneha's story.

"So it started off a few months back. We were kind of not able to give each other time at all because of our work. When she is on duty, I am off to some small village; when she is out of town, I am home. It's all very confusing. Of course we understand that our work is priority, and we are here to make our career first, but we keep having these small fights every now and then. This was going on for a while till the time I took off for a weekend without informing her. That's when the fight blew out of proportion. I know I should have dropped her a text at least, but I didn't and Sneha called off the wedding indirectly. I was just out on a small trip with my friends as a bachelorette party, that's all. But we didn't have any conversation, confrontation or anything of that sort. I know she is pissed at me, but of course we are going to get married day after. But I am not sure, why she dropped that text to him. I couldn't in my wildest dreams think that she would do anything like this. And I just changed my plans to reach a day earlier to surprise Sneha, talk things out with her, and get back to what was planned. Now, I am a bit puzzled of what should be done."

Dhruv: So the drama never leaves our family, that's just great! Sorry to point this out Karan, but men will always be men! I don't know how to save this world from our kind, I swear.

Rani: And Misti, do you have anything else to say now? Didn't I already tell you about this? Didn't I mention that I am scared and not sure about this?

Misti: Yes, yes Mother India, you did. But that's not going to help right now. So we need to think of something quick and get Sneha fly down here.

Shanu: I have no other idea than to tell Sneha that her mother is very sick and she wants to see her. I am sure she won't be able to go away from that. And I think Dhruv, because Sneha texted you, you should be the one to call her up.

Rani: Why me? Why do you have to do that?

Misti: Because you are her mother Rani, and you are anyway sick with all those thoughts that you keep having.

Rani: Not funny M.

Tanu: Umm, guys, I guess Dhruv should make the call to Sneha soon if we really want her to board the flight on time. Time is running out.

Dhruv: You are absolutely right T, I'll just make the call and tell her to come down.

Shanu: Just stick to the plan, don't say anything extra.

Dhruv acknowledged Shanu and stepped aside to call Sneha.

Tanu(whispering): Wow Shanu, you do woman-up to Dhruv girl. And he listens to you. I am not sure if there is nothing between you two.

Shanu: Please T, we have been living together for years. We know each other a lot by now. I know his morning and night routine as well. Do you know mine?

Tanu: I am here to learn, if you allow me to.

Shanu: That's a start! But let us first get these crazy kids get married, then we can start with our lives.

Tanu: You are worth all the wait.

Dhruv: Sneha is convinced that this is a setup, but she is boarding the flight. So we are good.

Rani: Even if I am not, I think I'll be sick in a while with all this tension in the air.

Karan: I am really sorry for all that is going on. I really didn't know a small tiff between us will grow so huge.

Misti: It's ok now Karan. And guess, there's no point apologising to us. It is between you and Sneha, and you should talk it out.

Karan: Just a head's up of why Sneha might be even more furious with me, is because I left my law firm before taking off for my trip with my friends.

Rani, Shanu, Dhruv, Misti and Tanu stared at Karan as if they saw a ghost.

Tanu: Again mate, none of our business. Right people? You two should talk things out. Whatever it is, we are here to support you people.

They nodded their heads in unison, not knowing how else to react to the last statement by Karan.

Dhruv: Karan, let me show you to your room. Freshen up. And take some rest. Let's go.

Dhruv and Karan walked out of the room in silence.

Tanu: WOW!!! This was one hell of a welcome! It was a full-on Bollywood movie. It had love, laughter, drama, tears, joy, anti-climax, and we are still waiting for the climax. I mean Sneha to arrive. This is why I missed India so much.

Shanu: I am sure T, our lives are nothing less than a Bollywood movie to you.

Tanu: But I missed it, I missed you all, and I want to be a part of it, that's why I am back. When will you stop cursing me for leaving you?

Shanu: When I have enough reasons to not curse you anymore.

Misti: I swear T, you are such a bastard. You literally left us all, just like that. Not a single message, nothing. We didn't even know for couple of months whether you are still alive or dead. Thanks to some stranger who tagged you in an inaugural party on Instagram. And that's when we got to know where you are.

Rani: And we never stopped stalking you from then. You did lead a very colourful life out there. We were really pissed at you, but gradually we learnt to live with it, I guess.

Shanu: Did we have any other option rather than deal with it?

Tanu: One of you could have contacted me?

Misti: And why couldn't you?

Tanu: It's a long story, I was in a mess. And at least you had each other here. I was all alone there.

Rani: Don't patronise T. If you wanted us to be in your lives, you wouldn't have left, or at least would have informed.

Tanu: Yes, right. I am sorry to all of you. I really am. Till when do I have to keep having these guilt trips.

Rani, Misti and Shanu in unison: Till the time we forget that you ever left us.

Tanu(rolling her eyes): Okay. Fine!