Part 10

"He's sleeping."

"Are you tired?" Jaidon asked, closing the door behind him and she shrugged.

"I'll go take a shower."

Jaidon nodded and went to their room to change out of his work clothes. After a few minutes of waiting he went to check on Dawn just in case.

"Liae?" He knocked on the bathroom door.

"Yes?"

"Are you done in there?"

"Just give me a few more minutes alright?"

"Okay."

Jaidon went to the living room and turned on the TV. He finished 10 minutes of a show and then went to check on Dawn again. She was still in the bathroom.

"Liae? Are you doing okay in there?"

"Y-yea." Dawn stuttered and Jaidon was worried so instead of leaving he forcefully pushed the door open. Dawn stared at him, clenching the white towel around her body.

"Are you okay?" Dawn asked, worried.

"Oh uh. Yea." Jaidon took a deep breath and continued "I think I was just becoming paranoid." He laughed a little and went away from the bathroom. Dawn came out and went to their room to change.

Afterwards she went to the living room where he was and sat beside him. She saw Jaidon's frustrated expression while watching TV.

"Hey Jai. Is something bothering you?" Dawn asked, curiously.

She continued. "Its just you've been asking if I'm okay pretty often recently."

Jaidon turned his body to her and grabbed her hands. He pointed to the scars on her wrists.

"You know you can talk to me right? I can tell if something is wrong with you."

Dawn hastily took her hands away from him and covered them with her sweaters sleeves.

"My mind keeps going back to the times you tried to hurt yourself." He said carefully. He avoided saying the words suicide or killing.

"I'm not going to." She bluntly replied.

"Liae I'm trying to protect you. For the sake of us and Juno. Stop hurting yourself." Jaidon bit his lip in frustration, she hadn't been doing this in a while and she suddenly started again.

"I told you I won't." Dawn looked at his face and held his face.

"This is why you've been so worried. I promise I won't hurt myself. Besides what good would that do for Juno.."

Jaidon smiled looking at her and she let go, slightly laughing.

"Ah I can't stand your face.." Dawn laughed quietly and he whined "Why???"

Dawn shushed him.

"Your gonna wake Juno."

"Mm ok. Then kiss me."

Dawn rolled her eyes.

"You don't have to ask.."

As they kissed, all Dawn could think of was that time. If he hadn't saved her. Juno would've have existed.
__________________________________________