2.

I had no idea what time it was but when I woke I felt a horrible pain in my head. Even opening my eyes caused pain. 

I looked around and had no idea where the hell I was but it definitely wasn't home.

The door opened and there was Dave.

He walked into the bedroom and sat at the edge of the bed.

"How you feeling?" He asked.

"In pain and confused. Where am I? Did I get drunk and stay the night or something? Killa is gonna kill me." I said as I tried to get up.

"Alisha, nah. Relax and stay in bed. You didnt get drunk" He replied.

"So then why am i here." I anxiously asked. 

"And why does my mouth and head hurt?" I added.

"You really don't remember?" He questioned.

"No I don't…" I started to say.

That's when it hit me. All of last nights memories came surfacing back to me. Everything down to my last memory of seeing Killa on the floor.

"Wait… Is Killa dead?" I asked.

"Maybe… Maybe not. But that really ain't your problem no more." Dave answered. 

"What you mean?" I questioned.

"You don't gotta worry bout him no more. You out that home now. My boys grabbed most of your stuff and brought it over so you can kick it with me and my cousin." He replied. 

"Dave… You're kidding right?" I asked.

"Nah im dead ass. You free now." He replied.

"Not for nothing but why? Why did you do that? Why did you come and save me? You barely know me Dave" I said.

"Look ma, I may not know you well but I know you enough to know that you didn't deserve that lifestyle. I'm not the type of nigga to sit around and act like everything is okay when it's not. The look in your eyes when you was leaving told me enough. I hadda step up and make a move." Dave admitted.

I sat there speechless. Never in a million years would I have expected anything like this to happen to me. Dave had saved me. 

"Look ma. Im gonna let you rest. I'll be in the living room with my cuz. We'll talk about this later." Dave replied.

He stood up, walked out and closed the door behind him.

I started to look around and notice this must've been Dave room. I saw a picture of him and his parents on the dresser lined up with his colognes.

As I laid my head back down on the pillow and covered myself with the blankets, I took in a deep breath. Something about his scent made me feel comfortable.

In a matter of seconds I ended up falling asleep again. When I woke up, I saw Dave sitting on the floor with a pair of headphones in his ears while writing in a notebook. He looked over at me, smiled and took out an ear bud.

"Hey lil mama. How you feeling?" He asked.

"A lot better thank you." I replied as I sat up and made space for him on the bed.

"I'm glad. So you wanna talk bout what's goin on?" He asked as he stood up and sat at the edge of the bed.

As much as I didn't want to, I knew I had to. I couldn't avoid things this time around. 

"Uhm, what happens now?" I honestly asked.

"Whatever you want Alisha. You can go back to school, get a job, get your own crib, move outta state. Go on a date with me, make friends… The world is yours." He nonchalantly answered.