BRITNEY / BRITTANY

"Of course you are, your like the most fun, cool, awesome person I know!"

We were sitting in glee club, and Mr. Shue was talking about whoever Christopher Cross is.

 Shue was talking about whoever Christopher Cross is

(Outfit of the Day)

"Alright, who can tell me who Christopher Cross is?" I raised my hand
"He discovered America." I respond and Finn nods.
"Close." Mr. Shue said, "He did write a good song, Sailing."
"I have a bad feeling about this lesson." Kurt turned to me and I nodded.
"Don't know him, never want to hear about him." Tina said.
"Now some people think of the term 'Easy Listening' as a bad thing. But I am going to let this music speak for itself. You guys love Lady Gaga and The Rolling Stones, and you guys are really good about putting it all out there. But really good music can also be controlled and restrained, it doesn't have to attack an audience, it can let them come to you."
"How can you get between the moon and New York City, there like a thousand miles apart?" I ask.
"Mr. Shue? If I may. I think I speak for all of us when I say it's not that we don't love the idea of spending a week on this silky smooth Adult Contemporary, it's just that, as teens,this isn't the easiest music for us to relate to. However, there is a burgeoning Facebook campaign that has swelled to over five members.The ardent demand: That this week, at the fall homecoming assembly, the McKinley High School Glee Club performs a number by... Wait for it...Ms. Britney Spears." Kurt says and we all look up and cheer.
"Spears, Spears, yeah!" Artie adds on.
"Sorry, Kurt, Kurt, sorry. No, no, no. I don't think she's a very good role model." Mr. Shue says and I roll my eyes.
"But, Mr. Shue, we kind of grew of up with her." Rachel added on, that was probably the only time I ever agreed with her.
"I don't want to do Britney." Brittany speaks, I look at her with a confused face.
"Why no Britney, Brittany?" Kurt asked.
"Because my name is also Brittany Spears." Brittany says.
"What?!" Mr. Shue asks, looking surprised.
"My middle name is Susan, my last name is Pierce. That makes me Brittany S. Pierce. "Brittany Spierce." I've lived my entire life in Britney Spear's shadow. I will never be as talented or as famous.I hope you'll all respect that I want Glee Club to remain a place where I, Brittany S. Pierce,can escape the torment of Britney Spears." We all give her dirty and confused looks.
"Well, there you have it, guys. It's been decided. No Britney. Sorry." Mr. Shue decides and we all groaned
"Thanks, Britt. Thanks a lot." Kurt says and I giggle.
"Leave Brittany alone." Santana snarls.
"Thank you for understanding. It's been a hard road." Brittany says.
This just proves how much this club cannot work on its own. I thought.

~

I was at my locker, fixing and organizing my books. When all of a sudden Quinn comes up to me.

"You can have him, it's okay." She says.
"Um, who are you talking about.?" I ask.
"Sam." She says, "I've seen you guys talking up and down the halls, I think you really like him." She says, I can't help but blush.
"Wait, do you like him?" I ask.
"He seems like a nice guy, but if you like him I guess you can have him." She responds, "But seriously you need a makeover then."
"Wait, no no no, I don't need one, I'm beautiful the way I am." I reprehend her.
"No seriously, no one is going to like you if you keep dressing like a nerd, also I've asked you that you should join the Cheerios." Quinn adds.
"I can't do any trick! They're not easy." I argue.
"Trust me they are, and then you'll be the most popular girl here." She says and walks off.
I love my sister, and maybe she is right, maybe I need to stop dressing like a nerd and get a life. But I don't want that, especially if she is only setting me up to impress a boy.