Itaewon Class

Title: Itaewon Class
Year: 2020
Genre: Friendship, Business, Romance, Life, Food
Main Role: Park Seo Joon, Kim Da Mi, Kwon Na Ra, Yoo Jae Myung
Episodes: 16
Duration: 1h 10min

Plot:

Park Saeroyi's life has been turned upside down after he gets expelled from school for punching a bully and his father is killed in an accident. Following his father's steps, he opens a pub named "DanBam" in Itaewon and, along with his manager and staff, strive towards success and reaching greater heights.

 Following his father's steps, he opens a pub named "DanBam" in Itaewon and, along with his manager and staff, strive towards success and reaching greater heights

My opinion:

This was amazing. I loved the story. It was not only inspiring but realistic too. It really showed how real-life works. The people who have money are powerful and the people who don't... well they never get to the top. I am so glad that Park Saeroyi proved us wrong. I was impressed with his character a lot. He was not predictable which I liked a lot. It made the story more exciting.
The relationship between Park Saeroyi and Jang Daehee was very interesting, I loved who they showed that money is not everything. This is a good thing to believe in.
There are so many things to talk about. I loved how all of the characters had their own little story, for example, Hyun-Yi, Seung-Kwon and Toni. Even though they had only a support role, they all had their moment to shine. This really made me feel like that the show is not only about Saeroyi, but really about Itaewon Class and the people who started it.
I don't know if people ship Soo-Ah and Saeroyi. Because I really don't. Soo-Ah was selfish and she could have left Jangga for Searoyi long before she really did. Jo Yi-Seo and Saeroyi deserved to be happy. Another couple I ship till death. To be honest I really thought that Saeroyi and Soo-Ah would end up together. I was so happy when they didn't. Again Soo-Ah didn't deserve Saeroyi.
I liked Yi-Seo from time to time, but it was great to see how her character developed through the episodes.
Moreover, I would like to say a few things about Geun-Won. As you already noticed I always a little sympathy with those mean characters. Even though it was impossible, I would have loved to see him and Soo-Ah together. When he left prison I was expecting him to turn to Saeroyi to support him in the war against Daehee. I really surprised me when he became that bad and he lost all of my sympathies.
To sum it up, I know I always say this, but this show really is in my top 3. Amazing story, amazing playing and amazing writing. I can recommend it to everyone.

 I can recommend it to everyone

published: 8th December 2020