CHAPTER 1 - THE BOOK

(A/N HELLO MY DARLINGS! I have wanted to write a Black Butler fanfic for a while and I decided to use my favorite ship of all time!!! I hope you enjoy it!!! Loveeeeee you my little cupcakes xxx)

CIEL'S P.O.V:

3 years.
That's how long it's been since I transformed into a demon.

I have not moved from my bedchamber since that day. I am too consumed by grief. Mourning the loss of a young man who gave his soul for mine.

I still wonder why Alois' last wish was for my survival. I didn't understand the reason behind his final request to Hannah.

I live alone. The loneliness is painful.
Sebastian is here of course, but he was bitter about being bound to me for life and rarely talks to me.

I don't even think I can work my legs anymore. Sitting in this bed, reading book after book.

I pick up yet another dusty novel that Sebastian had left and turn the first page. The spine makes a creaky sound, as if a person was crying out.

The noise sends waves of shivers up my spine. I read the smudged handwritten title.

The Souls I Consumed
By Sebastian Michaelis

I gasp, Sebastian wrote a novel? Intreagued, I start to flick through the contents.

Chapter 1 - Lady Bethany-Rose Turner
Chapter 2 - Lord Postgate
Chapter 3 - Oliver Benjamin
Chapter 4 - Prince Felix of Mongolia
Chapter 5 - The Slave Child, Menno

The list was endless. Full of interesting people, boring people and terrifying people. All who fell prey to my demon butler.

As I was about to cast it away in disgust, I spot a newer piece of parchment stuck into the back of the strong leather cover.

Chapter 691 - Ciel Phantomhive.

I start reading the quickly scrawled words.

Dearest Young Master,

I have left you for a short amount of time.
I have accidentally discovered how to ressurect a shattered soul.
As you know, when a contract is made with a Demon, the human's soul belongs to them. But I have found the loophole. If the demon dies at the same time as the human, then the soul is shattered and mixed with the soul of the demon.
A shattered soul can be pieced together with ease, by a person who truly loves them. The dead human will come back as a Demon.
I wish to test my theory by using Lord Alois Trancy. He is the only soul I can think of that died this way.
I have left Claude to look after you in my absence.
I may be gone a few days, as it may prove difficult to find someone who loves Alois.

Yours Sincerely,
Sebastian.

I drop the book into my lap and it slides off the silk duvet, landing with a thump on the floor.

"A-a-lois Tran-cy?" I muttered.
"Alive?"

Sebastian was standing by my bedside, a toothy grin on his angled face.

"Yes, my lord"