Chapter 23- Sage

My phone rings. "hello"I say as I press the accept button. "hey sage it's mr. Kelly"Mr. Kelly says. "Hi please tell me you have good news"I say. "Well I think I have some good news i talked to the judge and apparently to court report Mr. Williams's lawyer questioned the sentencing and apparently their appeal was granted but Mr. Williams had to agree to house arrest."

"He was supposed to be at home wearing a ankle bracelet but the police find record of him leaving the house so in theory he should be going back to jail"Mr. Kelly says. "oh thank you"I say. "don't worry sage I'll have mr. Williams back behind bar before you have to start worry again"Mr. kelly says. I could relax now I hang up and get ready for school.

I was thankful there was way to keep kaleb away from me. I drive to school I had to tell asher. I was going to burst from excitement. Then I saw asher with flowers.

I get out of my car. "what are these for"I ask. "wondering if I could take you out tonight"Asher asks. "I'd love to"I say. I take the flowers. they were beautiful.

"any news on your ex"Asher asks. "My lawyer assures me he'll be behind bars soon enough"I say. "I am just glad you're smiling"Asher says. I didn't realize a rare smile was actually on my face.

"you're cute when you smile"Asher says. "that was really cheesy"I say laughing. "I guess cheesy pickup lines are my thing"Asher says. I burst out laughing. "also a comedian"Asher says. "yeah"I say as I stop laughing.

"ew get a room"stacy says. "go to hell whore"I shout at her. "don't you-"stacy starts but the principle glares at her from the school entrance. she glares at me as she walks away.

"damn you don't need a knight in shining armor"Asher says. "never needed one in the first place"I say. "I know"asher says. taking my hand. we walk into the school building. Bea looks at us. pulling me aside. "You didn't tell me that you and asher are an item"Bea says. "I haven't even kissed him yet bea I don't think we're officially an item"I say. "YOU HAVEN'T KISSED HIM YET"Bea practically screams. "and I am going on date with him tonight"I say. "WHAT"Bea screams again. "the first one went well"I say.

"You're telling me this now"Bea says. "Sorry bea I should've kept you in the loop"I say. "It's okay but we're going shopping"Bea says. "oh no I am not going shopping"I say. "Yes you are you have a date tonight you need something better than just some black sad dress"Bea says. "But I like my sad black dresses"I say. "nope you're getting a different dress"Bea says. I knew there was no point in auguring with her. When bea sets her mind on something you can't make her change her mind. Believe me I've tried it doesn't work. "Alright fine"i say.

"Is anything wrong"asher asks. "No bea just wants to go shopping"i say. "Okay"asher says. Asher takes my hand again. "so when you are moving"I ask. "Saturday but my brother said it's was okay to take you out on a date"Asher says. "I hope I get to meet him sometime"I say. "you'll love him and Elle. Elle is the sweetest person on the planet and can cook"Asher says. "She sounds nice"I say. The bell rings I had to get to class. "I'll see you later"I say. "bye"asher says.

*after school*

"Come on let's go"Bea says. "I'm coming"I say following bea to my car. "you're going to look so pretty for your date tonight"Bea says. "oh brother"I say as I start the car. I knew where the mall was. I hate the mall who wants to walk around and go shopping. I'd rather just go online and get things. But i do know how to get there. Only because there's a hottopic. "Aren't you excited for your date"bea asks. "He took me to an acarade for the first date after stacey punched me"i say. "Oh man she was pissed after asher broke up with her"bea says.

"She's pissy about everything"i say. "That is true"bea says. "And then asher stood up for me"i say. "He's so into you"bea says. "I don't if i am into him though"i say. "Sage, girl you haven't this happy since kaleb i saw the way he looked at you, i know you're still scared but maybe asher is worth taking a chance on"bea says.

"You're right"i say. "I know"bea says. "I don't what I do without you"I say. "aw sage you're going to make me cry"bea says. "please don't cry"I say. "it would be happy tears"Bea says. "still don't cry"I say. "Fine"Bea says pouting. I laugh. Bea is too funny when she pouts I swear this girl is dork through and through.

I pull into the mall parking lot. "Okay the mission finding a dress"I say. "Starbucks?"bea asks "duh"I say. "yay!"Bea says. "come on"I say taking my keys out of the initiation I lock my car and we head into the mall. We walk right into Starbucks. we both order fraps. Me and Bea always order fraps.

We walk past hottopic as much as i wanted to go into there. I knew bea wouldn't let me.

We walk to a girly store. Bleck. Ooo look"bea says showing me a dark red dress. "Eh"i say. "Oh come on it's not pink"bea says. "I don't like it"i say.

"Fine how about this one"bea says showing me a navy blue dress. "Okay maybe"i say. I see a dark grey dress. "That's cute"bea says. "I like this one"i say.

"Well let's try both on"bea says. "Okay"i say. We head to fitting rooms i try on the navy dress first. I look at myself in the mirror. I didn't realize how beautiful i looked. I open the door to show bea.

"Omg you look beautiful"bea says smiling. "Thanks"i say smiling back. "I think that's the dress"bea says. "Maybe"i say. I walk back into the changing room. I switch dresses. I put on the dark grey one.

I walk out of the room. "It's simple but cute"bea says. "I think i like the blue one better"i say. "Me too"bea says. I go change back into my normal clothoes and take the blue dress out of the fitting room.

"Asher is gonna love that dress"bea says. "You think so"i say. "I know so" bea says hugging me.

I pay for the dress and then drop bea off at home. I drive home to get ready.

"Hey grams"i say. "Hello sweetheart"grams says. "I am going on a date tonight"I say. "that's good with asher"Grams asks. "Yes with asher"I say. "what's in the bag"Grams asks. "oh just a dress for tonight"I say. "let me see"grams says. "Okay"I say. I pull the dress out. "that's beautiful I bet you'll look nice in it"Grams says. "thanks"I say. "now go get ready"Grams says. I shower and fix my hair. I'd never felt this nervous before. Maybe I do like asher. I blow dry my hair and curl my hair. I put makeup on. even though asher told me I looked beautiful without makeup. 

That made me feel happy. my grams always tells me that if a boy likes you for you then he's the one. And my grams is a very smart women. And wise. I hear a knock at the door. I apply lipstick and grab my heels. "sage asher is here"grams yells. I grab my wallet and phone and head downstairs. "woah you look amazing"Asher says he's holding roses. "twice in one day"I say. "I thought you might like these"Asher says. "thanks"I say. "have fun"grams says. I shut the door and asher offers me his arm I take and we walk to his car. 

I knew this date was going to be different. there was magic in the air for sure