Step One; Become an Astronaut

Being a naive child, who's watched NASA exploration videos day into night, you wouldn't expect any less than what I wanted to be when I grew up. An astronaut. I've wanted to be an astronaut since the first time I've ever seen an astronaut on tv. The thought of going into space fascinated me, and I wanted to be apart of that.

I was born in the fiasco year of 2020, where lots of stuff happened that I can't remember. I was told it was a virus, like a plague, but if it was worldwide. I dunno. I've been hearing a lot of people say it was just rumored...

Well, born in 2020 didn't matter to me, especially since it's been years since and I was just a baby. My first ever videogames I've ever played was astronaut games, I couldn't not play them. From pc to virtual reality, I had it all as a kid, then virtual reality upgraded to much more realistic, and virtual reality basically took over the world. From texting to tv, virtual reality had it all, and everyone had it.

I like to live outside of VR, and I strive to be an astronaut. I want to go out to space and go on missions. I was 16 when I applied to be one when I was older, then finally, the day arrived. I had studied and done practically everything in my power to become one of them, so I took the test, and on my 18th birthday, I got a letter back.

I was accepted. I was finally an astronaut amongst my idols...

Today is the day, I get to be an astronaut.