chapter 1

8:03am

"i'm just worried about him. what if he doesn't like it there? what if he feels uncomfortable?"

"anne, he'll be fine. the whole purpose of this is to help him step out of his comfort zone."

"you know i can hear you right? you're literally standing right outside my door and you're not exactly talking quietly." harry sighed. anne looked up from where she was standing and slowly pushed the door open so she could see harry's room in full view. robin decided to give them some privacy, turning in to the bedroom in which him and anne shared.

"i'm sorry hun. i just want what's best for you and i never want to make you feel uncomfortable." anne walked over to harry, squeezing his hand reassuringly.

"i know, mum. and i thank you for that. but couldn't you guys have woken me up just a tad later?" harry joked.

"haha." anne joked sarcastically. "now, let's get up. we have much to do today and we don't exactly have a lot of time. after breakfast me and robin will drop you off at your meeting and then afterwards we can go to lunch. does that sound good?" she said enthusiastically.

harry didn't exactly feel like going anywhere today, seeing as it was the weekend and he was exhausted as shit, but he was not about to argue with his mum first thing in the morning. which is why he put a smile on his face and said,

"sure thing, mum. i'll be down in a few."

anne smiled and nodded as she left the room. after a few moments of contemplation, harry groaned dramatically before deciding to freshen up. after a few moments in the bathroom he slipped on a black t-shirt along with black skinny jeans and black ankle boots. he ran his fingers through his curly hair and decided to leave it as it is. taking one last look at himself, he sighed. he really wishes he could just stay in his bed today, but his mum insisted he get out more and who is he to let her down?

"harry! your breakfast is getting cold and we have to leave soon!" his mum scolded lightly.

"coming!" he yelled back. sighing, harry thought to himself. i really need to get a place of my own. it's not that he didn't want to or that he couldn't afford it, but his mum had insisted that he stay with her until he got the right support he needed. so far, they had visited 7 different support groups. each one harry had turned down. harry had thought no different of this one, even though he hadn't even been to it yet.

as he reached the kitchen table, he saw robin sitting with a newspaper in one hand and a coffee in the other.

"morning son! how'd ya sleep?" robin asked.

"it was actually okay last night. i didn't get up too often which was nice." harry replied. he had been suffering with insomnia for the past few months, and it was to the point where everyone around him had noticed. his under-eyes were constantly purple, his skin looked pale and he was moving like an absolute sloth. after finally consulting a doctor harry was prescribed meds that would help him sleep. they didn't always work, though.

"that's great! i am so proud of you." robin said joyfully. ever since robin and anne had found out about harry's spiralling mental health, they had taken it upon themselves to constantly remind harry how loved and valid he was. they always made sure to remind him of his worth and tell him how important he was to them.

harry blushed as he picked up a waffle and put it on his plate along with a variety of fruits and syrup.

"so your meeting should begin at 10:00 and we can pick you up around around 12:15. does that sound okay?" anne asked as she began cutting into her own waffle.