To Neverland

~12 Years Later, London, World War 2~

Rowena POV:
I jolt away at the sound of the bell that Sister Joseph was ringing by way of a good morning. "Wakey! Wakey!" She shouts as I jump on several boys to get them up as well. I land gracefully on the floor and reach the bathroom before any of the boys. I hear groans behind me as I get into the bathroom. It means I get precedence and they can't come in. I wrap the bandages from my bag around my chest to hide the fact that I was a girl who had never owned a Bra.

I go through my bag to find a shirt only to remember they were all dirty. "Rise and shine!" Sister Joseph hollers. I ran out in my pants and bandage bra, earning some hollers from the boys. I rush over to mine and Peter's bed. I made it quickly before running over to Peter who was washing his face. "Shirts?" I ask him desperately and he hands me one of his shirts as I grab his necklace. I loop it over his head before taking the shirt.

Peter always seemed to have something to spare for me, even if he had to wear stuff again. Whether it be a pair of pants or a jumper, if I needed it, Peter would be happy to give it to me. "I made the bed." I tell him as I pull the shirt on and then my jumper. Peter's shirts hit my mid-thigh and the jumper didn't hide the fact that I was wearing Peter's shirt. That was when a hand went about my waist and a kiss was pressed to my cheek when Peter wasn't looking.

I knew it was Nibs. No one would say it but Nibs and I liked each other. Plus, Peter never seems to notice our little bits of affection that we share be it a hug or a small kiss on the cheek or forehead. "Peter, Ro, We'll miss breakfast." Nibs tells us, his arm dropping from my waist. Soon, I'm standing by the door leading to the hall that would take us to breakfast. I watch my two duffers jump from made bed to made bed once Peter was dressed.

I giggle at them and Peter grins at me. "The heroes have risen. They must now feed!" Peter says, bolting past me. Nibs grabs my hand and pulls me with him, allowing me to keep up with the two. I laugh with the two as we hurtle down the hall. As we wait in line for food, both boys let me go first, I flinch when Sister Joseph brings a long cane down on a table, shouting at them to be quiet. That was when I shiver.

I glance back to see Mother Barnabas hovering on a balcony. I take my bowl and move to the side so that I can sit with the two boys, the Sister that was serving breakfast eyed the long shirt that I was wearing. "Where's the bacon?" Peter asks the question I was thinking. Peter was right and voiced my thought about the fact that there was always Bacon rind on the weekends. "There's a war on, Peter. Rationing." The Sister says to him.

"You're lucky to have any food at all." She scolds and Peter moves to stand beside me as we wait for Nibs. While we walk to a table, we see Sister Joseph sniveling to Mother Barnabas. Mother Barnabas was an ugly woman with beady eyes and a fat bum from eating too much before the war. You would have thought she would have slimmed down from Rationing but she seemed even fatter than before.

"Doesn't Mother Superior look fatter than she did before rationing is set in place?" I ask Peter and Nibs who agree and Peter asks us how much we wanna bet that Mother Barnabas was nicking all the rations. Nibs jabs Peter with his elbow and shook his head at me. "Shh, she'll hear ya. She's got ears like an elephant." Nibs tells us and I snort at a thought before I voice it aloud to the two boys.

"Bum like one too." I snort softly and the two boys chuckle at my joke. I place my bowl down and I stare at the open seats by myself and Peter that were usually filled. My brows fall inwards. In Nibsy's opinion, my creased brow made me prettier. I disagreed. "Look. More empty seats." Peter tells us as if he had read my mind. I feel Nibs place a hand on my thigh and run his thumb on it, stroking it gently. It was as if he was trying to calm me.