Chapter 2 - Studio Apartment

She walked up to her cheap studio with sloshy wet feet, unlocked her door and walked in, accidentally stepping on a beetle, leaving a green-ish residue on her pale, cream-colored carpet.

"Ugh gross I need to get rid of those nasty bugs."

You could hear the neighbors upstairs arguing, they're voices raspy like they both smoked since they were 12, like normal.

They are a married couple but from what i've heard from all the yelling at night is that they both cheated on each other. It kinda sounds like they are just together for the sex.

Thirty-nine percent of marriages end in divorce anyway, at least that's what I read on google.

Her apartment was old and ragged, The floor board so creaky that she couldn't sleep if the neighbors above her were awake, I mean there's no chance of sleeping ever, they just argue 24/7.

Immediately when you walked in you would see Ann's bed in the corner of the living room with some books on the side stacked up as a side table. One of her only interests since her friend got addmited to the mental hospital a few years back.

She couldn't afford an apartment, she lost her job and couldn't afford the rent of her old apartment. She rented a studio for a reason.

Her bed was made up of an old air mattress with a thin grey sheet that she took from her moms house, a white throw blanket and pillow that she had bought when she was in college. Which she of course dropped out of one-quarter of the way through. Her and her mom couldn't afford it, not even together. But atleast her studio was comfy enough.

Ann couldn't really afford to buy a real apartment that's one reason she had to stay in Hillmary, nothing else had cheap studio apartments.

She was thinking about how that little boy had called her Annietia, nobody had called her that except her mom, who died in a car accident a few years prior.

That's why she was stuck in Hillmary, the worst town possible. She assumed she would get enough money in the will to buy an apartment somewhere else but she hadn't gotten a single penny out of it.

She had saved up a little, but once Ann lost her job she needed it for food, gasoline, etc. Her mom was the only one who called her, her full name, Annietia.

But why did that boy know it?

She was quite enough. The cashier at the local mini mart hated her so they both kept thee distance as much as possible. She didn't talk to anyone in the neighborhood, or any one else. Like I said, pretty quite. And she hadn't gone by that name for years... That gave her chills.

She had never met her dad, he left Ann's mom when he learned that she was pregnant.