˗ˏˋ 00 ┊Prologue ˎˊ˗⁣

"Oh, come on Kane, you know me," a soft yet authoritative voice rang through the empty halls of Ark. "Why would I steal? I have everything I need." Persephone Kingsley said with a wicked glint in her eyes as four guards surrounded the petite yet lethal female, awaiting orders of Marcus Kane.

"Perse, we caught you red-handed. It didn't help the King and, the Chancellor had a spy following your every move for a week straight," Marcus said as he looked at the girl he thought of as a daughter as Abigail held the medication the Princess stole as she stayed quiet. "You have to pay for your crimes Perse, no matter if you are royal or not. The law is the law it had been, written by your great-great Grandfather and the first Chancellor." Marcus continued before he nodded to the guards. "Her royal highness crowned Princess and future Queen Persephone, you are here-by arrested on the charges of stealing clothes and medication. Since you are only seventeen, you will go to the skybox until your trial before you turn eighteen." After, Marcus finished he nodded and the guards that were next to her to gently put the handcuffs on the female, as they began to lead her through the hallways passing many of the Ark members who began to buzz with the gossip of how the Princess got arrested.

"Well, this will be fun." We're the last words Marcus Kane ever heard for an entire year from the mouth of his Goddaughter as they passed by multiple delinquents who stopped what they were doing as the Princess. Put in lockup next Octavia Blake.

Persephone and Octavia grew close. The other delinquents couldn't understand how a nobody could become quick friends with their Queen. They couldn't understand how Persephone grew super protective of the female, or how she told Octavia every secret she had with the minor threat 'of if you tell I will kill you.' The two grew into siblings Persephone had named Octavia under her protection and, that was a big deal meaning no one, not even the guard's could harm the little Blake sibling. During the time that every delinquent was out in the lunch area they had, they never expected to spot the Princess being allowed out of her Cell. She smirked as she walked through the clusters of people with four guards surrounding her as she stood in front of them all.

"Octavia Blake, come here, dove." Her voice full of authority as everyone parted ways as Octavia made her way next to her cellmate and best friend confusion showed on her face as she stood next to her Princess.  "Miss. Blake is under my protection. Any harm comes to her, any scratch comes to her, any horrid names or gossip about her will be dealt with by my hand alone, you will have wished it never happened, by the law of my great-grandmother, the first Queen. Any harm coming to anyone under a royal's protection, whether it be a guard or a civilian, is death by the hand- of the royal who gave the protection order. I will make it clear once more then blood will rain down. You touch a hair on my dove's head, I will slit your throat and make you die slowly. That is all you may go back to your lunch." Persephone said, nodding towards the guards who surrounded Octavia as well. 

From that moment on, no one dared to say anything hateful towards the youngest Blake sibling, not even the guards who used to say things in fear of death by the crowned Princess. What no one expected was for an ex-best friend of Persephone's to slap Octavia so hard that it left a bruise. They didn't expect it to be a public execution. All ninety-nine delinquent's gathered in the main cafeteria of the ark as two guards held. Melody Delilah, so she couldn't break free. Every member of the skybox and the ark had gathered as the Royals stood in front with Chancellor Jaha.

"For the crime of disobeying the protection order, given by her royal highness, the crowned Princess of the Ark. Melody Delilah, you are now sentenced to death by the hands of our Princess Persephone Mae Kingsley. Do you have any last words?" Arthur, the Princess's royal guard, spoke clearly into the crowd as he addressed the now- the eighteen-year-old female who held nothing but pain in her eyes as she stared at the girl she fell in love with, "I love you, but I will only die by your hand alone Perse." Everyone stared at Melody in shock as she confessed her big- secret that only a few knew including, Arthur and Persephone's parents.

"I know you do. But, I am not the one for you. I never was, and now you won't get your chance to find your soulmate," Persephone's usual cold voice went soft for a moment before it went away as fast as it came everybody who knew Persephone knew that she hid her pain well. Arthur sighed as he handed Persephone her royal dagger as he spoke once more as he stared at his niece who was about to die, who looked him in the eyes as she mouthed, "I'm so sorry uncle," Persephone looked at the crowd, than at her parent's who nodded.

"I hereby sentence Melody Andrea Delilah to death by my hand as an example of what will happen when those who break my law, not my parent's but mine. You will die slowly, Melody. And you will have no one to blame but yourself." Persephone's voice became void of emotion before she continued now speaking into the crowd. "Anyone who tries to help her will also die by my hand alone." After she had finished speaking, she raised her dagger to Melody's neck and slowly sliced across watching, as red blood slowly fell down her neck. Everyone watched how cold Persephone became as someone broke her word.

"In love, may you find the next. Safe passage on your travels, until our final journey to the ground. May we meet again." Persephone's voice rang out as everyone followed the ritual saying. For when anyone dies.

It took ten minutes for Melody to die. No one said a sound as they watched the young adult gasp for her uncle that had to be held back by Marcus Kane. Persephone nodded for the guards that gently laid the female on the ground.

Soon Melody's eyes stopped fluttering as her chest stopped rising up and down. Persephone eyed Abigail Griffin, the head Doctor, and a council member. She waited by Marcus until Persephone nodded for Marcus to let the Doctor pass but, the guards surrounded her. Abby knelt next to Melody and placed two fingers against her bloodied neck to find a pulse against her wrist as-well to try and find a pulse.

"Time of death nine-fifteen in the evening," Abby said in her professional Doctor's voice as the guards who held her in the first place picked her back up and awaited orders from their Princess who they were ordered to listen and obey by her parents.

"Take her to the air chamber and float her dead body," Persephone said coldly as her parents smiled down proudly at her.  The chancellor spoke loudly.

"After her body is, floated every, delinquent will be, escorted back to their cells. Tomorrow will be a big day for us all." Jaha's voice held mystery but, the King and Queen hid their worries for Persephone. They knew tomorrow her and ninety-nine other's would be sent to Earth and she wouldn't have her guards with her but she would have everything she needed, her royal weapons, pens, clothes, and her tiara, and her Royal signa which was a dove.

━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦━━━━

• * . 💫00. AUTHORS NOTE 💫 . * •
( the words of the author )

I hope this is an okay prologue, I tried really hard on it and I am really proud of it. Persephone and Octavia are the best of friends and almost like sister's. She willingly got caught because her parent's told her about how Jaha decided to tell the King and Queen he had a spy following Persephone.

Her and Clarke do not get along at first, nor does Persephone and Wells. Persephone despises his guts and wishes to kill him but she refrains from killing him. Murphy is like her brother, he eventually is placed under her protection along with Jasper, Monty, Harper, Raven and Bellamy. Bellamy will only be placed because he is Octavia's brother.

Please vote, comment, don't be a ghost reader.