Part 4. Walrider

"Soo... where are we actually going now?"

Viki asked while they were all walking along a long corridor, as always.

"Don't fucking stress me, we just escaped the doctor!"

Miles hissed but continued to walk forward at the front, just like a leader.

"We didn't escape him, we murdered him!!!"

Magda shouted.

"And you think that he is the only enemy in this place? Believe me or not but they are countless others! In this place we can never be save, so just shut up!"

Magda turned silent and was a bit shocked by Miles aggressiv tone of voice.

"Could you stop being so angry all the time Miles?"

Viki casually said and Tanja and Magda looked at her as if she had just signed her Death sentence.
They knew that this would make Miles even more angrier.

"Look kido, do you think I went into this place for fun? I am trieng to help you, so..."

he came closer to her.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME!!!!"

Magda and Tanja shivered from Miles loud voice while Viki just stared at him as if he had talked to her normally.

"If you keep being so loud than you are going to attract the psychos! I am sure you don't want this!"

Viki snapped, leaving Miles speachless while she stepped infront of him to lead the others.

Magda and Tanja exchanged eye contacts.
Was Miles really intimidated that easily by a girl?
Why was Viki suddenly so snappy? That was Magdas thing in that fanfiction?

As always they continued to walk without talking until they reached a spot where it was so dark that they couldn't even see each other anymore.

"S-so what now?"

Tanja asked them, clinging onto Vikis arm because she was scared.

"Don't worry my camera has a nightsight function. Just hold onto me and I will guide you through!"

Miles suggested and everyone was surprised that he actually said it in a normal tone.

He turned on his camera and took a few steps further.

"What are you three fucking waiting for?"

The old miles was showing again.

Magda slowly grabbed his hand, blushing like a tomatoe.
Thankfully, it was dark and no one could see her red face.
Viki reached for magdas other arm, Tanja closely behind her because she can't let go of Vikis savety that her arm provided.

Togheter the four of them sneaked through a long corridor, without meeting any dangerous people.
It was a bit weird to move like a worm across the floor, Tanja always being dragged by the others, since she was too afraid to loose the hold of their team.
If outlast was just a big prank by someone and they were filmed the whole time, this would have been the weirdest scene.

After a while they encountered a new light source, coming from above some stairs that led to a higher level.

Miles turned of his camera relieved and checked if everyone was there and save.
He still can't believe that he is taking them with him.
Aren't they just a burden?
Miles was sure that he is going to protect them no matter what but who knows what will happen if someone starts attacking them seriously.

"Is everyone alright?"

Viki asked, kinda stealing away Miles leader position.
Everyone nodded.