Part 5. Magda

Miles was still dragging Magda down the stairs while they were running away from the weird shadow that they just saw.
Without even looking they sprinted through the dark corridor that they came from last time and ended up in the same room where they killed the doctor.
Miles immediatly closed the door behind them, thinking they got rid of the Shadow.
Magda was breathing heavily from the running while Miles seemed to be alright, yet still sweating a little bit from fear.

"M-Miles what was that?"

Magda asked with a shaking voice.

"Walrider."

Miles replied as if he had just answered a normal question that doesn't involve a black shadow chasing after them.

"Huh? But why is was he there? What does he want from us?"

Magda asked, still unable to realize that what they saw was real.
Miles ignored the question for a while, he was busy putting some lockers in front of the door.

"It's a long story...."

Miles said, distancing himself a little bit from Magda.
He didn't want to get too attached to her, but he also couldn't bare the thought of her getting hurt.

"Let's search for a way to escape this room, we can't go through the door. Walrider might be waiting."

Miles said and walked to the other side of the room, where the doctor's corpse was.
Although Miles was satisfied that the doctor was already dead, it still shocked him that he was capable to do such a horrible thing.
This place truly had changed him.

Magda followed him from behind but soon covered her nose when she came near the cadaver.
Her stomach turned upside down, unlike before she quickly noticed the rotten smell in the air.

"You are going to get used to it."

Miles spoke and glanced over Magda, just to make sure she wouldn't puke.
And of course she didn't, she stayed strong.

"M-Miles please promise me we can escape...."

Magda suddenly said in a sorrowful voice, while they were further away from the corpse.

Miles turned surprised to her. He was shocked by her sudden sad tone of voice that he had never heard from her before.

"I-"

He started of but was interrupted by Magda.

"Miles! Promise me that I will ever see my friends again!"

She had some tears in her eyes.

"I want to see them alive!"

Miles, unsure what to do, kept looking at her.

"Promise me!"

She held on to his arm, expecting him to say something, but instead he simply hugged her.
He thought of many things about what to say in that exact moment, but he figured out that silence was already loud enough and every answer he needed.
This place was hell on earth, of course a Teenage girl could allow herself to have a small break down here.

After some time they slowly let go of each other.
Magda whiped away her tears.
She usually never cried in front of others and was scared that Miles would look down on her.

"Ugh, forget about it..."

Magda walked forward, giving Miles the cold shoulder.
He was a bit confused by her action.
Miles thought that maybe he should have said something or done differently, but in Magdas eyes she was the one that acted wrong.
She just wanted everyone to be togheter savely and she knew that words would do nothing to achieve her wish.