Saturday sorrows

Shawn and I head down go the lake and we see my friends. I introduce. Shawn to everyone, but I save Dillan for last. "Hey, I'm Shawn I'm dating Vaya." He says shaking Dillan's hand. "Vaya talk so much about you, I'm glad you made it." Dillan smiles. Okay, good so far no one is at each others throat.

We all hang out for a while, we drink we talk it was cool. Dillan introduced me to his brother Darren.

"So, are you here with your boyfriend?" Darren asks. "He's not really my boyfriend,   I'm just dating him."

"Oh so, he wouldn't mind if I asked you out?" Whoa, before this whole conversation was brought up we were so off the topic of relationships. "Uh...excuse me?" I ask.

"You know on a date."

"I think that's against the rules of dating."

He looks around and brings me over away from the crowd and behind some trees. "One date, please?" He asks. "I can't, things are too serious with Shawn." I say. He puts his hands on my waist and pulls me really close to him. It was uncomfortable, very uncomfortable.

"Do you always want a guy with a bad temper, I mean from what Dillan has told me...he's an asshole."

"You're a jerk." I say beginning to walk past him but he grabs my arm and pulls me back. "You're so cute when you're mad."  He says smiling.

"Think about it, here's my number." He puts a piece of paper in my hand.

"Call me when you make up your mind." He then leaves and I'm still standing there feeling disgusted. He is the total opposite of Dillan.  I walk over to Shawn who looked like he was having a good time. "Can we go?" I ask pulling him aside. "Why what's wrong?" He asks. "I had a little too much to drink." I say.

"You look fine, are you sure nothing's wrong?"

"I'm fine let's just go okay?" I head to Shawn's truck and get inside. I wait for him to say goodbye to his new friends and then he and I go home. That was a very bad day, well for me. Shawn actually enjoyed himself. 

"Did someone say something?"

"No." He looks over at me as we stop. "Why are you lying?" He asks.

"I don't want you to be mad." I say.

"I'm working on it but, I promise I won't be mad," he begins pulling off again.

"Darren wanted to go out with me."

"Oh,"

"And I said no." 

"Okay,"

"But, then he gave me his number."

In an instant Shawn presses hard on the the break making the car jerk forward. "Shawn what the hell?!" I scream. "He did what?!" He yells. "I thought you said you wouldn't get mad, plus you didn't let me finish."

"Please tell me you're not gonna call him."

"Why would I? He called you an asshole and he was a total jerk."

Shawn's face was very stern. I probably shouldn't have said that. His grip tightens on the wheel. "I might be home late." He says driving again.

"What are you going to do?"

"Nothing."

"Shawn,"

"I'm going out for drinks with some guys I met at the lake ." I wasn't sure if he was telling the truth or not. I was just really quiet on the way home. Nervous that he might do something stupid tonight.