𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

It's interesting, really - How a person drowns.
  They don't suck in a breath of air, no - they hold their breath, and flail about. Just untill they tire themselves out, and succumb to the water, letting in a deep breath of liquid.

   Max couldn't believe it - he didn't comprehend it at the time. He was about to die. And all because he fucking tripped on the dock.

  It was humiliating, no shit. Everyone saw him fall into the water. .

   The water.

   He can't swim.

     As max looked up towards the surface of the water, something of which was getting more and more blurry by the passing second -

   He saw sillouettes of the different campers. A shorter, faster blur was Nikki - a slightly taller and more fidgety shadow? Neil.

   Hell, there was even David. He tried to grab max from the chilling depths.

   Almost, that is.

   Key moments later, max let's in a breath of water. He feels the warmth leave through his fingers and toes, how his eyes burn and his throat aches.

  In a last attempt, he kicks, flailing his arms, the aching sensation filling his small frame.

   He was going to die here - and maybe months ago, he would've been alright with this fate. Hell, he wasn't a nice kid. He wasn't even a good kid - his parents couldn't care less.

   . .Would they even care he died?

. .Of course not. They never cared.

   As concupiscence slipped from his grasp, max felt large arms wrap around his waist and pull him towards the surface.
  Half he thinks it's David. Why wouldn't it be.
  He couldn't see before blacking out completely -