Chapter 5

Start a YouTube channel is exactly what Wes and I did. So on Wednesdays we planned and practiced, and a new video was up every Tuesday and Thursday.

Ross was obviously a bit hesitant at first, letting me record with another guy. (Especially when that guy looks like Wes. Who, let's be totally honest here, is pretty attractive.) Although throughout my time with Ross, I've learned that when he gets jealous, he usually makes it pretty clear that website together.

I don't know if I was surprised or not, but Wes and I were doing incredibly well. There was definitely help because of my already thousands of followers on social media. It was the only thin I posted sometimes. Then of course Ross posted a couple times to his, what two million, followers. So, I guess word got out pretty quick.

Over the course of two months on YouTube, we'd done about 20 videos. Each getting plenty of views.

Then Wes and I managed to get an offer to play at HardRock Cafe in LA. Which is actually a pretty big deal. A lot of artists get their start at these restaurants.

We were setting up all of our equipment. We didn't have much...a guitar, and a couple of microphones. That's all we needed. The occasional tambourine- that was me- exciting right?

I wasn't nervous, I perform in front of way more people. But Wes seemed a little unsteady. I walked over to him where he was fiddling with his guitar. Getting it so perfectly in tune.

"Wes. What are you so worried about? We'll do fine." I said taking a seat next to him.

"I know. But what if I screw this up for us. I'd feel awful."

"I think we both know that if any screwing up is happening, it's going to be caused by me." He let out a breath.

"You know what." He said sitting up. "Done. Just gonna do this." He got up and shook his hands.

"Good. Just think, more people have watched our videos. And these people are here for food. Not us." I mentioned. Although that last part wasn't great, it's true. Nobody was actually coming to see us. They were just innocent souls coming in for dinner.

Well, except for my boyfriend and his family. Then of course Wes's girlfriend, Eva, who I actually only met as of last week. I guess she was also a bit skeptical of Wes in this situation.

I got up to walk around for a minute before we actually had to go on. There wasn't much walking room. There was a small stage, and tables. Full of people eating food. It was so dimly lit in there, and it made me so hungry. I walked into a little room that they give to the performers. Although it's more of a closet, I kept my purse and stuff in there. Apparently, I kept my boyfriend in there too because Ross was just chilling in there. I was wondering where he was.

"What the-?" I laughed. "You know your whole family is out there eating. Why are you not." I shut the door.

"Well I had to wish you luck." He smiled sweetly.

"Okay, you of all people know that you don't wish luck, you break a leg in this business." I laughed again, quickly checking my phone then putting it back.

"True."

"Well thank you, now I have to go. Don't want to be late for this." I was about to turn around and leave, but instead I found myself kissing Ross.

And yes, it was great, until.. "Blair we gotta go-" the door had swung open, revealing Wes. Who just laughed. Because apparently that's what he does when (if you think about it) he should have been embarrassed of opening the door to that.

"Yeah let's go." I said rushed, partially grinning. Looking over to see Ross with one hand up pretending to stretch awkwardly.

"Break a leg." Ross said. "I'll be right up front, if you need anything."

"Which we won't." I said as he walked away.

"We're you guys just making out in there?" Wes asked me with this joking smile on his face.

"Does it matter?" I replied defensively, walking toward the small stage.

"Nope." He grinned. "Not at all." He grabbed his guitar and took a seat on the stool set up for him. I had one too, but I had been assigned by Wes to be the one to announce who we were. Because there's a 99% no one actually knows us in here.

"Hello everyone! I hope your having a great evening, here at Hard Rock." I had to say that last part. "I'm Blair, this is Wes and we are going to sing a few songs for you." I smiled at everyone, put my mic in the stand, sat down, and done. Not done. "This song is originally by Echosmith, this is Cool Kids." I waited for Wes to start playing, awkwardly smiling at the floor, then at the random people, then at Ross. Then, I eventually started singing- with Wes, and his guitar.

No one really payed attention at first, but as the song progressed more customers put down their burgers and watched us. Then there was clapping, because we already made it through one song, and I guess people liked it? Every song flew by, the hour we had booked was over way faster than I thought.

I think the proof that we did well stands in the fact that from now on, Wes and I have a gig at this place every Thursday. I'd say that's something to look forward to.

//////////
5 comments before the next post???

Maybe from different people..?

I want everybody to vote pleassse