07 ❱ ━━━━ THE RUMOURS ARE TRUE

━━━━━━━━━━━
CHAPTER SEVEN
❝ the rumours are true ❞
━━━━━━━━━━━

EVEN THOUGH THERE were more than ten physicians jam-packed inside the conference room, everyone stayed silent. The enclosed space was so quiet that if someone had slightly shifted in their seat and the chair creaked a little, then the sound would resound through the whole room and everyone could hear it crystal clear. Sitting at one of the front seats, Y/n couldn't get hold of the situation.

Holding a thin stack of paper to cover her face, she softly whispered to Shirabu who was sitting next to her, "So, uh- Why's it so quiet all of a sudden?" Y/n looked around the room uneasily before leaning close to Shirabu's ear again, "Not to mention they're all staring at us, did we like- do something wrong or what?" Everyone had their eyes laid on the two of them, and it greatly disturbed the surgeon.

With an unbothered expression plastered across his face, Shirabu was completely unaware of his surroundings as he was too focused on scanning through his stack of paperwork. "You're worrying too much," he mumbled to Y/n, flipping a page over, "Just calm down and you'll be alright." With his yet to complete medical notes bugging him, the physician just wanted the conference to end as soon as possible.

"Rabu, please look up. Everyone's literally staring at us right now." Y/n whispered, trying her absolute best to keep her cool. But her anxious tone gave it all away. Sighing in annoyance, Shirabu rolled up his stack of paper into a makeshift cane and lightly bonked the troubled surgeon's head as a reminder to calm down. She winced in response, and he went back to reading the documents.

Y/n wanted to throw an apple at Shirabu at that moment, but soon remembered that she had left the last one in his office. Her eyes darted around the room in distress, and just as she'd expected, everyone was still staring at them. Clearing her throat, she suggested, "Should we...discuss in pairs? I'm sure it'll be, uh- less awkward, plus we'll be more efficient too."

Everyone nodded in agreement and soon got up from their seats to be with their partner, evenly spreading in different places of the room. Y/n sighed in relief, glad that there were finally discussions bustling instead of awkward silence. Tapping on Shirabu's shoulder, she signalled him to move to one of the corners in the room so they could have their discussion as well.

"What do you think they're talking about?" One of the residents across the room asked their partner, eyeing Y/n and Shirabu as they got busy with their discussion. Shirabu had his arms crossed and his back leaning on the wall as he listened to Y/n's analysis. "Probably something cool and professional," the other intern replied.

"I had a dream where you were
baking bread with Shrek yesterday."

"What the actual fuck, Y/n. You're
supposed to discuss, not disgust."

"We've been done with the discussion since three minutes ago," Y/n clarified as she began fanning Shirabu with the paper reports to irritate him and mess up his hair. The physician shot her a glare out of annoyance and snatched the documents away from her. "You're no fun, Kenji," Y/n commented, jutting her lips, "Anyways, do you think we should go pay Tendou a visit in France for our trip?"

Before Shirabu could even utter out a word, everyone one in the room turned their heads to the two just like before, eyeing them in suspicion. The place went silent once again, and Y/n deeply regretted saying that out loud. Mentally cursing at herself, she clapped her hands together and smiled awkwardly, "Well, I guess that's it for the morning conference! Let's all get back to work in our office!"

"That was fucking horrible. I hate conferences now." In the middle of doing patient rounds with Shirabu, Y/n sighed in exhaustion, "Why the hell were they even staring at us in the first place?" With her arm hooked around Shirabu's, she leaned her head obliviously on his shoulder as they made their way to the next ward. Shirabu blushed at the sudden contact and stopped in his tracks.

"You're getting too touchy, Chibi," he reminded, and Y/n immediately backed away, in fear that she'd cause any misunderstanding between the other medics in the hospital. "Shit, sorry," she apologised, rubbing her arm as Shirabu went ahead of her and entered one of his patient's rooms. Cursing at herself for not being careful, the surgeon then turned to enter the opposite room.

Turning the doorknob, Y/n felt a gentle tap on her shoulder. And as she turned around, she found herself looking at one of the interns working in the hospital straight in the eye. The apprentice seemed to be new, not mention they're a little more jumpy and on edge most of the time compared to others. Flashing a smile at them, the surgeon said, "Hey, you must be new! I'm a surgeon in the thoracic department, Chibana-"

"Chibana Y/n-san, r-right?" The intern stuttered as they began fidgeting with their fingers nervously, unable to meet Y/n's gaze since they were scared to see her reaction. Was she going to accuse them of unintentionally being a stalker for knowing her name? Instead, the surgeon widened her eyes in confusion before placing a hand on the intern's shoulder, "Holy shit, am I- famous?"

Y/n's eyes were sparkling with delight, grinning from ear to ear as she pointed to herself. The intern seemed taken aback, and to make things worse for them, Shirabu now walked out from the patient's room and stood next to the surgeon, eyeing the intern. "I-I uh," they hesitated to speak up, standing in front of not one, but two skilful medics of the hospital had terrified them to the max.

"Kenji, you're scaring them!" Y/n scolded, sending a glare to her friend. "What the fuck did I do?" Shirabu retorted, furrowing his brows, "All I did was look at them in the eyes." He pointed his finger at the surgeon accusingly, "You're the one that's scaring the shit out of the damn intern." As the conversation between the two doctors became more heated, the intern found theirselves in a dilemma.

Finally gathering the courage to speak up, they caught the two's attention saying, "I-I went to Shiratorizawa Academy, like you guys." In the middle of an intense staring contest, Y/n and Shirabu soon broke eye contact and turned to look at the frightened intern. The surgeon ushered for them to continue, so they did as told.

"And...I heard about...rumours, regarding the two of you when you were still studying in Shiratorizawa. So I wanted to ask if it was true, b-but it's fine if you're not comfortable with answering!"

"Oh, you mean that rumour," Y/n nodded in understanding. She knew what the rumours the intern was talking about, and so did Shirabu. The physician watched as Y/n hesitated to answer, hence he decided to answer for her instead. "The rumours are true," Shirabu sighed, rubbing the back of his nape, "We used to date when we were in high school."

gonna,,, go,,, sleep now
_(꒪ཀ꒪」∠)_ pls vote &
comment,, i luv you all

gonna,,, go,,, sleep now_(꒪ཀ꒪」∠)_ pls vote &comment,, i luv you all