Chapter Two - Welcome To Cordonia

After packing her bags and leaving her New York apartment behind, (Y/N) finds herself on a plane with Maxwell and drake heading to her new home, Cordonia. as she was looking out at the small fields and towns below them, Maxwell said " say goodbye to 'new York' and say hello to 'Cordonia'" she sighs before turning to face him. " I can't believe this is actually happening," she said as drake leans forward in his chair that was in front of her and said, " believe it. we'll be landing soon, ready or not. and if you're not ready, those ladies at court are going to eat you alive" this scared her as she leans back in her chair as Maxwell hits drake's arm with his hand as he turned to him, " yeesh, don't scare her, drake. you okay, (Y/N)?" Maxwell asked in concern, she nodded her head and sat up in confidence " honestly, I'm not afraid of anything" drake scoffed and leans back in his chair as she crossed his arms, " heh, we'll see once we land". 

(Y/N) looks at Drake with a confused and angry look as she asked, " I don't get why you're being so grim about this.." drake sighs before looking at her. " look, no offence, but I've seen girls like you come and go. it never ends well. not for you, not for Liam, not for the royal family"  Maxwell looks at drake and argued  " (Y/N)'s not some crown - chaser" (Y/N) puts a hand out in front of Maxwell to stop him from hurting drake, she looks at drake and said, " Drake, I'm different than those girls. Liam being a prince doesn't matter at all to me". 

drake shakes his head, " that's exactly the kind of naïve thinking that's going to land you in trouble here" (Y/N) was about t bite back but just then, the pilot announces the plane's descent. Maxwell smiles and looks out of the plane window before tapping (Y/N) on the shoulder getting her attention. " hey, look. you can see cordonia out the windows (Y/N). you won't want to miss this".  (Y/N) looks out the window and looked in awe at cordonia. it was a small town and a castle that sat on a hilltop like it was out of a fairy tale. 

(Y/N) turns to drake and Maxwell with a big smile on her face as she points to the view that was outside " that's cordonia?" Maxwell nodded as (Y/N) looked back at the view, " it's like something out of a fairy-tale the sparkling ocean, the swayin...

(Y/N) turns to drake and Maxwell with a big smile on her face as she points to the view that was outside " that's cordonia?" Maxwell nodded as (Y/N) looked back at the view, " it's like something out of a fairy-tale the sparkling ocean, the swaying trees ---" drake stops her. " if you burst into song. I'm jumping out of the plane" (Y/N) shakes her head at his overreaction " I'm just saying it's beautiful". Maxwell walks next to (Y/N) and looks at the view as well, " it is, isn't it? are you ready?" he asked her. she nodded her head " ready as I'll ever be" she replied as the plane landed. (Y/N) got her stuff and left the plane before getting in a black limo that was ready to take her to the palace. 

A short car ride late, (Y/N) steps out onto the grounds of the palace, she gets out of the limo and looks in aw as Maxwell gets out on the other side of the car and looks at (Y/N)," the royal palace. welcome to your home for the next few months,(Y/N)" she turns around and was shocked at what she was going to stay in the palace. Maxwell walks up to her as she said with excitement in her voice, " this is where I'm staying? I didn't realize I'd be living in the palace". Maxwell smiles, " most of the nobility live here while the social season is underway... including all the ladies vying for Liam's hand".  Drake gets out of the car and began to walk up to the others as he said " yeah, living under one roof just make it easier to attend the rose ceremony later..." Maxwell rolled his eyes before putting his hand on (Y/N)'s shoulder. " drake's just kidding ... at least about the rose. anyway, I'll show you around ... if you're lucky" drake places his hands in his pocket before he knew it was his time to leave. " this is my cue to take off. see you around ..... if you're lucky".