A better life

A day had passed since Kyoko had killed Fuhito. Makoto was up in his bedroom, still unconscious. Mikan did an excellent job in removing the bullet and pitched up the wound. Kirumi stayed mostly upstairs so she could keep an eye on her Master.

Kyoko, Byakuya, Junko, Sayaka, Celestia, Mondo and Kyosuke were all in Makoto's living room going over the contents that were in the folder that Kazuo had.

"I must say, your grandfather is quite the detective," Byakuya said. "If a single piece of paper got released to the public. I and my empire would take a massive hit. How did you convince a police detective no less to keep his mouth shut?"

"It turns out that the police can be bribed as well," Kyoko replied. "My grandfather found dirt on some of the workers and the detective that I was talking to happened to be one of those guys. I found a folder containing interesting information and I've kept it as a means to get the heat off from all of you."

"Can we see this folder?" Celestia said.

"Ludenberg knock it off," Mondo sighed. "Kirigiri has got massive heat off. All you're doing is asking for trouble."

"That folder in question stays with me," Kyoko said firmly. "Sorry, but I need it to protect Makoto."

"Good idea," Byakuya replied. "The less we know, the better. So how is the boss?"

"Fine as far as I know," Kyoko said. "Tojo is keeping an eye on him. Which I'm grateful for because I'm well out of my depth."

"Don't be so hard on yourself," Sayaka said. "I think all of us wouldn't know what to do if Naegi or any of us got shot."

"Maizono is right," Junko said. "You've had a rough few days. I doubt your mind has had a chance to settle."

"You're right Enoshima. I've been thinking about my father. I found a note with his name, telephone number and address on it," Kyoko said.

"Seriously?" Byakuya said stunned. "Have you tried to phone him at all?"

"No," Kyoko said, shaking her head. "I've held off until Makoto has woken up."

"Why didn't you say Kirigiri?" Kyosuke said. "I've could have sent out a few guys to see if your father is still at that current address."

"I could have," Kyoko said. "But you're not in my debt. Plus I rather deal with this myself."

Junko began to giggle.

"What's got you giggling?" Sayaka asked.

"Kirigiri is acting like the boss," Junko replied. "Her calling us all here. Sharing the dirt with us. Even turning down helpful requests like Naegi would do."

"Oh..." Kyoko replied with her cheeks growing red. "I didn't mean to make me out like I'm running this gig."

"I think it's cute," Sayaka smiled. "You've kept us updated. So Naegi doesn't have to. Which means he can focus on his health."

"Honestly, I didn't think of it like that," Kyoko replied. "I wanted to show all of your guys the paperwork and let you all know that you guys are safe. But I guess Makoto has one less thing to deal with."

Kirumi walked into the living room rather quickly. "Kirigiri, Master has awoken."

Kyoko stood up and walked towards the door and noticed nobody else was coming along with her.

"Are you guys not coming up to see Makoto?" She asked.

"Yeah, we are," Junko replied. "But you are his girlfriend. It's fitting that you two should be alone for a few minutes. Before we head up."