Friendship is Magic Part 1

3rd Person POV:
Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria, there were two regal sisters who ruled together and created harmony for all the land. To do this, the eldest used her unicorn powers to raise the sun at dawn. The younger brought out the moon at night. Thus the two maintained balance for their kingdom and their subjects, all the different types of people, assisted and scheduled by a family of unicorns.

This family of unicorns helped the family of alicorns rule for many generations. But as time went on, the younger sister became resentful. The people relished and played in the day her elder sister brought forth but shunned and slept through her beautiful night. One fateful day, the younger unicorn refused to lower the moon to make way for the dawn. The elder sister tried to reason with her.

But the bitterness in the young one's heart had transformed her into a wicked woman of darkness... Nightmare Moon. She vowed that she would shroud the land in eternal night. Reluctantly, the elder sister harnessed the most powerful magic known to all... The Elements of Harmony. Using the magic of The Elements of Harmony, she defeated her younger sister and banished her permanently to the moon.

The elder sister took on responsibility for both sun and moon and harmony has been maintained in Equestria ever since for generations since. A boy sat beneath a tree with a book in his lap. He brushed some of his long locks out of his face. His skin was a tan colour completely contradicting his dark indigo-coloured hair with streaks of purple and pink. "Hm, The Elements of Harmony." He mutters to himself.

He picked at the symbol on his shirt pocket as he did when he was thinking. Embedded in his forehead was a purple jewel. It was what allowed him to perform magic like most unicorns. "I know I've heard of those before, but where?" He wondered aloud. Maybe (y/n) has the answers, The boy thought as he placed the book into his side bag, stood up, and began heading towards where he knew (y/n) would be.

On his way, he was confronted by three females. All of them had jewels embedded in their foreheads, they were all unicorns. "There you are, Dusk." One of them said, causing Dusk's eyes to widen. "Moondancer is having a little get-together in the west castle courtyard." The girl said and Dusk had some sort of hazy idea of the fact that (y/n) had told him about it and was thinking about going.

"Wanna come?" All three girls look at the boy expectedly. He quickly thought of a way to get out of this. "Sorry girls. I got a lot of studying to catch up on." Dusk tells them, before rushing off, not hearing the comments of the girls that he had just left behind. As he ran he spoke to himself again. "I know I've heard of The Elements of Harmony." He tells himself. He ignores another girl who waved at him.

He ran up a long flight of stairs to the top of the tower. He threw the door open knocking his friend to the ground. He couldn't see (y/n) anywhere in the room so he called for his shorter friend. "Spike? (y/n)?" He calls for the two before noticing the smaller male on the ground. "There you are." Dusk says as (y/n) appears on the second level in the tower. "Whatever is the matter, Dusk?" (y/n) questions the male.

Like always he was taken aback by her appearance. Her normally wavy black hair was curled beautifully, her skin was a pale colour and she could have disappeared in a snowstorm if you gave her the chance. Her lips were never painted but always a perfect red colour and she could have been mistaken for a real-life Snow White. She never needed any makeup, but when she did she only wore some mascara or eyeliner.

"I need our old copy of 'Predictions and Prophecies'." Dusk said as (y/n) walked to Spike to check out his head. She giggled and pulled a present from Spike's tail. Spike was a dragon and you could only tell by his skin and tail. His skin was rougher than normal humans and he had scales by his eyes and his neck. "What's that for?" He says as he picks up another wrapped box with an elegant bow. Judging by the wrapping paper it was wrapped by (y/n).