Friendship is Magic, Part 2

Nightmare Moon laughs evilly as thunder crashes above her. As the mayor yells at the guards to seize Nightmare Moon and they go to do so, Nightmare uses the magic from the white jewel in her head to blow them back with lightning. Food was churning in my stomach now and I knew I was gonna be sick. "You good Sugar?" AJ whispers to me and I shake my head as Nightmare turns herself into mist and flies out the door.

Dusk scoops up Spike and grabs my hand before we all run out, Blitz flying over our head. "Come back here!" I hear him shout. I managed to make it home before I brought everything up. As we get inside I summon myself a bucket and begin to vomit as Dusk put Spike to bed. I felt a hand brush my curls. I smile slightly at Dusk before a wave of bile comes up my throat. Another hand starts to rub my back. This one was calloused. AJ possibly.

Dusk was getting interrogated by Blitz. I try to stand and almost fall over. AJ catches me and hoists me up into a bridal carry before placing me on a chair. Dusk seemed to be looking for The Elements of Harmony. I attempted to use my magic but a wave of pain burst through my skull. "Ah!" I cry out in pain before tumbling off of the chair. "I can't use my magic, it seems that Nightmare still holds that power as a princess." I tell Dusk.

Dusk nods as I stagger over to the E shelf and Blitz gets pulled back by his hoodie. "Simmer down, Sally." AJ says to Blitz as I look through the books. "They ain't no spies, but they sure know what's going on." I nod to Dusk to explain as I continue to look for the book. Dusk began to explain that we had read all about Nightmare Moon and her return. Elements. Elements. E. E! Where is it?

"'The Elements of Harmony: A Reference Guide'." A bubbly voice says to me, pulling out the book and handing it to me. "So it was under E." I say triumphantly as Bubble Berry helps me up. My world tilts harshly before righting itself. I wouldn't let them know that the problems were starting to take effect. The Princess, Nightmare Moon, must have seen me and set out a rule that I couldn't use magic.

Unfortunately, with every order of a Princess, there are side effects. With this, it seems to be my balance and my vision. Then I felt it. My patience was leaving me. Without my magic, my patience, balance, and vision were abandoning me. "There are 7 Elements of Harmony, but only 6 are known... Kindness, Patience, Laughter, Generosity, Honesty and Loyalty." I read from the book with a clipped voice.

"The seventh is a complete mystery. It is said that the last-known location of the 6 elements was in the ancient castle of the Royal Pony sisters." I read before looking at the location. The book slips from my hand because I'm shaking. I felt it. I bend down quickly and scoop up the book before handing it to Dusk. "It is located in what is now... The Everfree Forest." I tell them. After we headed out and after a small trek, we arrived at the Everfree Forest.

We all stood in fear for a moment before... "Whee! Let's go!" Bubble says before heading towards the forest. Dusk stopped Bubble before trying to stop the others from coming. "No can do. We're coming with you and Sugarcube here." AJ tells Dusk as he places an arm around my waist as he says he wasn't leaving his friends behind let alone go into the forest alone. I nod before beginning forward.

"You guys coming?" I ask them and they catch up. I stopped as I noticed that Dusk wasn't coming with us. I walk over to him and take his hand. "Let's go." I whisper to him. Dusk lifts my hand to his lips and presses a soft kiss to my hand. As we walk, Butterscotch tries to strike up a conversation with everyone. But he only ended up talking with me. "So, none of you have been in here before?" Dusk questions the group.

"Oh! H-Heavens, no." Elusive says as I feel a pressure building up in my temples. I softly press a hand to my head and massage until the pain dissipates somewhat. "Just look at it. It's dreadful." I hear Elusive moan as he continues to complain. "And it ain't natural." AJ says as he fiddles with the work gloves on his hip. I look about and spin once. The place looked rather peaceful all things considered.