All of Snow

It's been a week in this cave. It's warm it's okay. But Carter. I cannot stand Carter. I do not want to speak to him. I do not even want to look at him. Even though he's stunning. Shit. I cannot help but love him, but I hate him. I cannot sit here any longer.

"I'm going out."
Of course Carter responds.
"To do what? It's freezing out there."
"At least it isn't showing."
"But-"
"Shut the hell up Carter. I do not want to hear you speak."
"No response? That's what I thought."

I walked out into the white mess that people call snow. The flakes sticking on my eyelashes and hair. It's more beautiful here than in the city. The snow is so serene. My name is Italian he told me. Stelle, stars. I wish my name was Serenity. Serenità. Sounds more Mexican than Italian. Stelle. I never thought to ask my mom if she was Italian.

"Stelle?"
"Caleb."
"Hey Stelle, is there something bothering you?"
"Yes. How'd you know."
"Stelle, I've been around you your entire life. I know you well, and I can tell when you're upset."
"I know."
"Is it Carter?"
"Of course it is."
"Well Stelle, I can tell you this. He was not worth your time. Forget about him. I know it's hard, and you probably still like him but, you're going to have to move on. I don't know what you'll do, but you'll find something. You're beautiful Stelle, and amazingly smart, and so nice. Anyone would be lucky to have you."
"Aw Caleb, that was so sweet."
He just smiled at me, we were really far from the cave at this point. His smile gave me an awkward feeling in my stomach, I liked it. He leaned in and we just held eye contact.

"Stelle." He said after a long silence.
"I've liked you for a very long time. And I've waited for this moment forever."
He pulled me closer to him. And pressed his lips to mine. The feeling was back and it felt amazing. We kissed for a while with nothing but snowflakes between us. That was my first kiss, and it was with Caleb.