II: Envelope

-Uploaded on March 31-

Hello and welcome to another chapter!

Art Credits: @beepbeepbio on Twitter

Remember to add this to one of your reading lists so you don't miss out on an update! If you have discord, join my server! It's very wholesome and chaotic all at once but I love it! I hope you like it and remember to vote, comment, and share! I love you all and enjoy it !!!

"Hello?" I could hear the sound of the road in the background noise.

"Hey Snapmap was just wondering if you knew what Clay and George were up to?  Clay seemed like he was hiding something but he hung up on me before I could ask any more questions," I explained, bringing my mug of chrysanthemum tea to my lips.

"Nope.  Nothing was said to me.  Maybe just believe him?" Nick suggested.

"I know but what if-"

"Sorry I have to go Y/N.  I'm driving right now but I'll call you later, okay?  But I'm sure everything is fine and you're overthinking it."

"Alright...thank you Nick.  Be careful on the road please.  Love you," I said, dragging out the you at the end.

"Love you too.  Bye Y/N."  I pressed the red button and stared at my home screen, seeing a photo of my family and I through the apps.  I pressed the lock button two times, seeing the lock screen light up and seeing a screenshot I had taken of Clay, George, Nick, and I in Minecraft.  I press down and held it and saw it transition to so many fan arts drawn of us four.  I was always dressed in some sort of warm yellow outfit in the photos since my Minecraft skin was of course a mini-me in a yellow sweatshirt, black shorts, and little duck shoes.  Some people even drew me with a mask with a duck beak and two tiny black dots as eyes with me right next to Clay who, of course, has his simple mask.  

I kept wondering about what Clay was hiding.  We've been friends for a year.  I can tell when he's bullshitting.  It filled my mind when all I wanted to do was to set it to the side.  I knew exactly what to do.  I pulled on my socks, pulling open my door after and going to get my shoes by the apartment door.  I slipped my light grey canvas shoes as I walked out into the apartment complex's hall, going to my right three doors down.

"Nero, open the door," I said, knocking on the door.  I whistled and saw the lever handle go down and the door open, revealing a Patterdale Retriever.

"Good boy, now where is Wren?  Is she making more char siu?" I asked the dog while petting him and looking around.  I could already smell the delicious food.

"Y/N? Is that you?" I heard her shout as I slipped off my shoes.

"Yes it's just me!  Nero opened the door for me."  I walked around the corner of Wren's tiny apartment and saw her scooping rice out of the rice cooker into a bowl.