Chapter 6: It's All My Fault

Lauren's POV

When we got home I was scared. I didn't want to tell my parents and the others, but we have to tell them to save Dani. Lisa then put one hand on my shoulder. I turned to look at her. I could see tears from her face still. We were both crying while coming home. She wiped her tears but I still cried. "Lauren. We have to tell them." Lisa said, quietly. I nodded my head. We agreed. Then both head out of the car and into the house. Lisa walked in first before me. I wiped some tears off my cheeks. It was about 11pm the others were sleeping because there wasn't any loud noises. However, my parents were in the living room I heard them talking. We both headed to the living room.

Once we stood there in the living room. "Hey! Lisa and Lauren! You came back!" Dad said, excitedly. "Yeahh" Lisa said, she sounded like she choked up the word. "How was the game Lauren?" Mom asked. "Good" I said, quietly, and sniffed. They both gave us this weird look. "Where's Dani?" Dad asked. I looked at Lisa and she looked back at me. "She's missing." Lisa said, softly. They both laughed. "Nice one you guys! You can come back now Dani!" Dad said, still laughing.

Suddenly, they both stopped laughing because they realize Lisa and I had tears in our eyes and Dani didn't pop up from nowhere. "Wait is this true?" Dad said, now serious. I feel harder tears coming back again. "At first, when Lauren told me I thought it was a joke. But it isn't a joke." Lisa said. "WHAT?!" Mom yelled. "HOW" Dad yelled, I was even more scared I haven't heard them yell like this since forever. "Lauren tell them." Lisa said, looking straight at me. I started to cry choking up the words "Welll Dani went to thee restroom andd shee was takingg long so wentt to the gatee to check if Lisa was heree yet, butt she wasntt so whenn I camee outt backk to the restroomm to checkk on Dani shee wasn't there. " I said, continuing to cry tears flowing down. "WE GONNA CALL THE POLICE AND SEARCH AND RESCUE NOW." Dad shouted, quickly walking out the room to make a phone call. My mom still had that stock face and crying, she tried to get up but she fell back down. Lisa and I hurried to her by the couch she fainted. "I will get the cold water." Lisa said, quickly going to the kitchen. I looked at my mom and cried. "I'm sorry mom." I whispered to her softly. Lisa got back and placed a cold rag on her forehead.

Soon enough Christina came down. "What's going on?! I heard yelling." Christina said...curiously. "Dani is missing." Dad said, coming into the room after making the phone call. "What you guys are kidding right?" She started to laugh. Why are they laughing this is a real situation. Dani life is on the line. Then I remember Dani and I always like to make up jokes and prank people sometime. Maybe that's why. Okay why had everyone laughed this isn't some kind of joke. This is a real life situation.

As a sudden police car lights started to flash through the window. Christina stood there not moving. She closed her eyes and said "No Dani." She then opened her eyes and saw mom by Lisa. "Mom!" She yelled. Lisa and Christina were both talking about what had happened. I still stood in the same place crying. Later on, Katherine and Amy came quickly downstairs "Why are there police cars in front of our house?!" Kath yelled. "DANI IS MISSING OK" I yelled. Katherine and Amy stood there from stock. Alex and Michael then came down stocked. Alex then came up towards me "I knew it! I should've gone with you guys!" Alex said angrily. Walking pass me frustrated. Then Michael gave me a glare and hurried out the front door with Dad. After that the little boys came in. Their faces were confused.

Great, it's my fault that Dani is missing. I help but to cry again. I immediately ran upstairs to my room, Dani and Lisa room. I went up my bed a cried. I couldn't stop crying. All I could think about is Dani. It's all my fault. Dani wherever you are please be okay. I continued to cry then suddenly I went down my bed and went over to Dani's bed. I sat beside the bed. Dani wherever you are please come back home safe. I'm sorry I wasn't there to protect you. I bent down beside her bed and cried.

Later, Lisa came in. She came down and sat next to me. "Hey, Lauren. Everything's gonna be okay. The police are trying to find Dani right now." Lisa said, calming me down. "No, it's not gonna be okay. It's all my fault okay I'm the one who cause Dani to go missing!" I said angrily looking up at Lisa. I could tell she was worried too not only about Dani but about me also. I bent down again crying onto Dani's bed. "It's all my fault. It's all my fault!" I said mumbled. "Hey stop Lauren! It's not your fault. Don't say that. I promise Dani will be back soon." Lisa said, calmly and rubbing my back. I then lifted my head and hugged her. "Come on go get ready for bed. I think you need to rest now. Don't worry the police is on the case." Lisa said, pulling out from the hug looking into me making sure I was alright. "Ok" I said. So, I did get ready for bed then lastly fell asleep.

Finally updated! Thank you for reading please comment and vote! Hopefully I will get to update some more!!