Chapter 1

A/n - Any italics in quotation marks means that she is talking telepathically. Also, because she has telekinesis that also means that she is telepathic and can read minds to an extent. She got telepathy at age 8.

Calliope's p.o.v-

5 years ago

I opened my eyes and I see a bright light above me. I go to rub my eyes but my hand was tied down to a hospitable bed. I try to phase through them but it doesn't work. I look up and see a woman enter the room.

"Calliope?"

I don't answer her. I haven't talked since my father beat me half to death.

"Who are you? Where am I?"

"My name is Dr. Reyes. Don't worry, your safe here Calliope." She paused as if choosing her next words wisely. " You know, your a very uncommon girl. Do you know what mutants are?"

" How do you think I got my scars? My father found out that I was a mutant, and instead of kicking me out he decided to keep me as a slave. To beat the shit out of me whenever he wanted to."

"I'm very sorry for that. Would you like me to un-cuff your hand?"

I look up at her with a pleading look in my eyes and quickly nodded my head yes. She gave me a small smile and released my hand.

-Time skip-

I was following Dr. Reyes as she was giving me a tour of the facility when I decided to actually talk.

" Are there any other people here besides us?"

She looks at me and gives me a slight smile. " No, it's just us for now. Oh, I found this in your hand when I found you. I thought you might want it back."

She turns around and hands me a pocket knife, no wait, the pocket knife. The same one I used to kill m father. I take it from her and put it in my pocket.

A/n

Hey everyone! I want to thank you for reading my book when you could have picked another one. The next chapter will be the next 5 years in small sections to describe everything that has been going on.