Chapter Two~ The Three Questions

Jane's P.O.V

"Dad!" The boy shouted noticing my consionsness.

  Then the whole group came back over to the truck. The Boy sat on the edge of the trunk.

  I  pulled my legs to my chest and putting my back against the wall of the truck.

    The boy, he gave me a small smile.

  "I'm Rick." said the man I assumed was driving. "What's your name?" Rick asked me.  

I stayed quite.

"What's your name?" asked Rick again.

    "J-jane...Jane Doe." I said.

"What kind of a name is that?" Asked Daryl.

"It's the name I keep when I woke up from a coma three years ago. I've been using it ever since." I said with all seriousness.

  The two men looked at eachother as if they were having a conversation with they're eyes. Then Rick looked back at me.

  "Do you have a place to stay?" Asked The Boy.

"Nope I've been on my own this whole time." I said smiling at the boy.

The boy looked at his father with anticipation. Then Rick looked at me.

  "Listen, Jane we have a bigger group back at a camp where you can stay but you have to awnser three questions first." Rick said very seriously.

"Okay ask away. I have nothing to hide." I said very bluntly.           

"How many walkers have you killed?" Rick asked the first question.

  "More then a thousand." I said now very serious.

  "How many people have you killed?" Rick asked the second queston very serious.

I looked down at my shoes. Then back at Rick.

"One." I said very bluntly.

  Rick look over at the other man. The other man's eyes then in return flickered over to The boy, then the man looked back a Rick. Then Rick look back at me.

  "Why?" Rick asked his final question.

  I took a slow deep breath. Looking down at my shoes again. Then I looked back at Rick.

  "Self-defense against my foster father about around the time I was 8 because he was a horrible man who did horrible thing to the other children and to me. And I knew that no child should have had to be around him." I said now looking directly in to Rick's eyes.

The boy got back in the truck bed and was followed by the other man. They both sat back down next to me. Rick went to the front of the truck.

I guess no more questions need to be asked.

  " I'm Carl." said the boy. " That's Michonne." Carl said point to the cool looking lady with the sword. "And that's Daryl." Carl said introducing the man next to me.

  Michonne gave me a slight grin and Daryl gave me that smooth what's up face.  

Then Rick came back with something in his hands.

  "Is this your bag?" Rick said holding up a plain blue backpack with peoples names signed on it.

"Yes sir." I said.

  He slide the backpack over to me. Along with my twin white handle pistols and silencers that I hadn't even noticed weren't in they're holsters. And my 6 inch dagger, in which my real mother gave me before she died and the same one I kill that horrible man with.

  "Thank you." I said as I took my guns and holstered them.

  Then Michonne and and Rick got back in the front of the truck and we started driving again.