Chapter 1: Murder for Hire

'Tap, tap. Tap, tap. Tap, tap.'

My shoes were tapping against the cold hallway's floor as I made my way to my assigned location. This job was so easy, it was almost laughable. All I had to do was unplug this old man's life support and he would be dead. Yes, I kill people for a living. It's what I do best. It's what I was trained to do.

Looking down at myself, I stared at the female nurse uniform I stole a while back. It was rather easy to get my hands on, that again it seemed almost laughable. The scrubs didn't exactly fit me, but it would do. As long as no one caught me, it really didn't matter.

I was cautious about this whole thing by the simple fact cops had been making fake murders for hire. From looking around the building and watching around this place for a couple of days, the job seemed legit. It really must have been this old man's son that wanted him dead. Man, oh man, how cruel family could be sometimes.

Luckily for me, I didn't have a family. With no family, it really made my job even easier. No one could turn me in or say I was acting suspicious at all. That went for friends too. I didn't have any of those either.

Turning to a door, this was the room I was told the old geezer was. Itsuki Fuji was the old guy's name. He was rich of course; that was always the motives for children killing their own folks with an assassin. His wife was dead and he had an only son called Hiroto Fuji.

I know you're probably feeling bad for Mr. Itsuki Fuji, but he wasn't that innocent either. He had hired an assassin just like his son to kill a fellow politician. Like father was really like son, wasn't it?

Grabbing the door knob, I twisted it to open the door. Don't worry, I had gloves on of course. I didn't want to get caught, did I? I then pushed the door open to see a man laying in bed peacefully. Awh, he must have been sleeping. How disgusting someone could be so calm and relaxed like they hadn't done anything wrong. I was no saint myself, but it was his people that fed my people.

Walking over to the resting man, I looked down at him. I then looked over and around. "Well Mr. Itsuki Fuji, any last words?" my feminine voice rang around the empty, white room, knowing I would never get an answer. Moving his button to have the ability to call for help from nurses, I then also walked around the bed and bent down to the outlet. "Say goodbye to your life support, buster."

'Beep. Beep. Beep. Bee-'

'•.,¸¸,.•'¯¯'•.,¸¸,.•''•.,¸¸,.•'¯¯'•.,¸¸,.•''•.,¸¸,.•'¯¯'•.,¸¸,.•''•.,¸¸,.•'¯¯'•.,¸¸,.•''•.,¸¸,.•'¯¯'•.,¸¸,.•'

Word count: 471

May 6, 2021