Chapter 1

Matt's pov:

Once we arrived at the island we were stationed at, Avalanche got out of the boat, and ran to a small base. I followed, and once we got inside we headed to another room. That room was filled with screens, and one of the screens was flashing red, "What does that mean?" I pointed to the screen that was flashing red, and the guy that was there replied, "There is going to be a raid of 50 people, we have to start getting prepared." My eyes widened, "are they armed? And is there any air support?" He nodded, "They all have a weapon, and there is an additional 13 in air support." I quickly grabbed the com to the loudspeaker, "EVERYONE GUARD THE ENTRANCES, AIR PILOTS GET IN THE AIR NOW!!! THIS IS NOT A DRILL." Then I ran to the front entrance and grabbed a sub-machine gun. I pointed it at the door, and Avalanche did the same, along with all of the others. We all stood there, and stared at the door, waiting for something to happen. We stayed completely silent, and the only thing we could hear were the alarms going off. But then, after a few minutes, a bunch of soldiers came out of the ceiling and shot some of my soldiers to death. I looked up and started to shoot, but then, three of them managed to tackle me down, and I realized that we were losing men, "RETREA-" they covered my mouth and got a knife out. They put it to my neck, but before they could do anything, I punched them with my metal hand, and one of them fell, so I got up and shot the rest of them down, but more kept coming it, "RETREAT, RETREAT" then, we all started to run, and the opposing army followed. I looked and gasped, as I saw avalanche crawling with a gunshot wound in his shoulder. I picked him up with my Dark Energy powers, and quickly ran into a room, locking the door, and placing something in front of it. I put my hand on his wound, and I started to heal it. Once it was fully healed, I grunted, as his wound was now reflected onto me, and it hurt a lot. "AVALANCHE, WAKE UP!!" there was banging on the door, and I saw that the hinges were slowly coming off. Before they could break-in, he woke up and I quickly grabbed his hand and started running to a door on the other side of the room. I opened it, and there was a jet waiting there. I quickly ran to the jet and sat in the cockpit, and avalanche sat in the back. I didn't exactly know how to pilot a jet, but I managed to get it in the air. I started to quickly fly in the opposite direction, and I could hear gunshots from the back, and I quickly took a peek. There were 2 jets behind us, and avalanche was trying to gun them down with the gun on the jet. But before long, I looked at the console in front of me, and one of the jets behind us landed a shot on our wing. I was trying to control the jet, but it started to spiral out of control, and then, it crashed into the land, and I blacked out.