Flashes of Future

RICO'S POV

What the hell was that dream. 

I saw Chloe and she is crying again. The place was unfamiliar but I know siya yon.

I heard people cursing her name, giving her some hard time and the fact na wala akong magawa for her, just standing in the side, powerless to hug her and comfort her is killing me in my dreams.

"Why would they hurt her?" 

Paulit ulit na panaginip gabi gabi, why does it keep on haunting me. 

Panaginip lang yon Ryan, it will never happen. I am here for Chloe, I will never let anyone hurt her. 

At biglang tumunog ang beeper ko.

I got a message from Marco that Chloe is sick kaya postpone yong lakad mamaya.

Damn.

"I have to go see her" 

"What happened tito?"

"Hindi ko alam biglaan nga lang siya nagkasakit, hindi naman lagnatin ang batang yan, baka napagod lang ng husto kahapon"

"May pasok po ba kayo tito ngayon, I can take care of her po"

"Salamat iho, mabuti at dumating ka, hindi nga talaga ako pwedeng lumiban ngayon dahil sa project proposal namin, so I might ask for your time ngayon"

"No need to worry, I promise to take care of her po"

"May pagkain dyan sa mesa at ang gamot niya dito ko lang ilalagay, feel at home Ryan"

"Sige po tito, salamat"

Hinawakan ko ang noo niya, she seem a bit okay now but her look is a bit stress.

"What is making you worry Chloe? Why can I sense some pain in you"

And then she started murmuring.

"Stefffi.. Giaaaan"

She suddenly talks in her sleep, she is still unwell"

"Hey baby, I am here. Don't be afraid" 

Hinaplos ko ng marahan  ang kanyang buhok at hinawakan ang kanyang mga kamay.

"Ryan don't leave me, please" she cries and a tear suddenly falls from her eyes.

"Shhhh..sleep calmly hon, I am right here, andito lang ako, I will promise you, hindi kita iiwan" I whispered to her ears.

At bigla siyang huminahon, I can hear her breathing is at ease now.

Naupo lang ako sa tabi niya magdamag.

Biglang sumagi sa isip ko ang pangalang Gian and Steffi. Who are they? She never mentioned anyone name Gian and Stefi before.

I played a soothing music from my mini disc while I search for a book to read in her mini shelves.

 "The Prince of Mist?" wow. 

"I haven't read that yet" 

"Oh gising ka na pala" at dali akong lumapit para tulungan siyang maupo.

" I smelled your perfume kasi eh"

"You don't like it?"

"No no, I love it" 

"Kumusta pakiramdam mo?"

"Medyo okay na ako, thank you. Naabala pa tuloy kita"

"Don't you ever say that Chloe, I am badly worried about you"

At hinawakan niya ang pisngi ko.

" I love you so much Ryan, I love you to infinity"

"I love you too Chloe, my girl"

"Gutom ka na ba? wait let me prepare something for you"

"Thank you" 

Bago pa man ako makatayo ay bigla niya akong hinalikan sa pisngi.

I freeze for a moment.

I smiled like a crazy jerk, damn. 

Pinilit kong di ipakita ang mukha ko kasi parang bigla siyang tumatawa and I can feel a sudden heat from my cheek.

"Why are you blushing Ryan" nakangiti niyang sabi while she is biting her lips.

My stare focused on her.

"You know, how can you be so gorgeous even when you are sick"

"I can't believe you are actually blushing Ryan" 

"Alam mo pagbibigyan kita ngayon kasi may sakit ka. I haven't kiss you yet Chloe"

"let me try it"

Bigla akong nanlamig like why is he so frank. Bigla akong pinagpawisan, I was just trying to tease her and trying to act cool sana.

"I'll go prepare your food, just sit here and wait for me, don't move" 

"Okay okay, no need to panic ha ha" 

"Chloe!"

CHLOE's POV

Humiga ako sa lap ni Ryan while he is reading the novel.

"You like it?"

"yeah, can you let me borrow this?"

"Sure but do not give me spoiler after reading it ha?"

"Actually ganito nangyari.."

"Ryan hey!"

Ibinaba niya ang libro.

"Don't get sick again Chloe" at hinawakan niya ang kamay ko. His hand warm my hand.

"You are my star Ryan, you will always be my star"

"Ayaw ko ng star, it means ang layo ko sayo"

"It just mean na kahit man magkalayo na tayo, I will always love you in distance"

"Chloe we are not going to part ways, why are you suddenly saying that"

"Hindi ko naman sinasabing maghihiwalay na tayo, I just want you to know this, kasi hindi naman natin alam ang mangyayari in the future di ba kaya I am saying you this already, that my love for you is infinite, I will always remind you everyday that I love you Ryan."

"Chloe, that is why I don't like thinking of the future, basta ako.. I want to grow old with you, build my dreams together with you"

Habang sinasabi niya sa akin ang mga salitang iyon, hindi ko maiwasang mapaisip muli, sana nga, sana nga I can live with you till our last breath is gone, If only I can bring you with me in the future, live with me happily, together with Gian and Stefi, how happy can it be. 

"By the way, who is Stefi and Gian?"

Bigla akong nahinto at nagtaka sa biglang tanong niya.

"How do you know them?" at napaupo ako mula sa pagkakahiga.

"You mentioned them in your dreams" 

Kaya pala, I have been dreaming non-stop since last night.

"They were my most precious people, I hope someday ma meet mo din sila"

"really? Why? nasaan sila?"

"In other places, not from here"

"I am sure magugustuhan mo sila once you meet them" I am fooling myself, I am lying to Ryan but what options do I have.

"Well, sana ma meet ko din sila talaga One day"

And then I cross my finger.