Survive

There is something that we didn't know that we are actually capable of doing.

Seeing something on Tv and actually doing it is something id never forget.

I'm Lena and im 19 year's old from Tennessee and this was my story before i got to write this.

February 16, 2001, me and my friend Melissa were planning to go camping.

but before that, i did tell my Mom that we will go and have fun in the woods. I brought my tent, she did bring hers too, i brought some goodies for stay. We aren't scout so, i brought my dad's lighter.

i do have car so it would be easy to carry all things. And axe for cutting woods of course, and we went to drive to the woods, it was beautiful. Perfect for camping.

I parked my car close to a tree. Minute later we already settled our tents.

she collected some branches in the ground then we get to start the fire. It was already 6:45pm and the sky is already dark. The fire serve us light.

we ate and talked then sleeps. The time passes, something awakens me.

I can hear foots steps, even it tries not to be loud. Then a car's engine, my eyes widely open as i hear someone whispering.

Then in a sudden somebody tries to open my tent, i got scared. Because it wasn't just one man, but four men's.

I can see their shadow from a car's head light, they laughed as they  tried  to open my tent, i was very scared. When it ripped, my eyes saw those hands.

One thing is in my mind, i did regret coming to this place.

They laughed as they successfully torn apart the tent door, i was shouting for help, up to my lungs. They got Melissa too.

"What do you guys want from us?!" I said, begging.

They looked at me. The horrifying look they give us, give me shivers in my spine.

Two guys was holding Melissa, two guys were also with me.

They got some of our things, i beg them not to hurt us, and they can have everything they wanted.

Until they got Melissa to stand, they told her to run, or they will shoot her. I know what they wanted so i yelled, i told her to run as fast as she could.

She did, and one guy suddenly took his gun and point it to her, and shoot. I cried, and tell them to stop, but they never listen.

I cried, and stop when i figure that she is still alive. Two guys went after her.

And when the other two guys are distracted, i ran as fast as i can.

They notice me scaping, so they also went after me. They keep shooting and i keep running. My heart keep on beating really fast.

Sweat drips in my eyes, and the feeling of sore made my eye blur, but i kept running. And suddenly my knees touch the ground.

I tried to stand up, but its late. They got me. I tasted the blood in my mouth as it bleeds from a heavy hand that kissed my face.

The sky begun to cry, i heard  gun shots from a mile, i was hoping she was okay.

Then they took me to their white van, the other two came back together with Melissa, she is unconscious, i cried. But they told me to shut up.

The rain stop, and remember i have my phone all along with me, i tried to call 911 for help, but there was no signal.

I tried to open the van, and it is. The men were outside, and they are stupid for not locking the car, they are sleeping.

I see a pistol in the hover so i took it, and Melissa is still unconscious. I tried waking her up, and gladly she did.

We slowly walk away from them, i dont know how to use a pistol after all. But i dont know, but it seams my mind want to grab it.

When Melissa accidentally stumbled our car, it rang, it was so loud.

The key were missing, i believe it was in the tent. And it awakens them.

So we ran fast, my lungs is full of air. It was dark and it was hard to ran and see the path.   but we keep running.

They shoot, and the every bullets hits the ground, we keep running. Running for our lives.

I took my phone to my pocket, and i see it capture a signal, and i fastly contact 911.

And then i feel my left leg numb when it was shot. I was shot!

I hit the ground, i give Melissa the phone that is connected to the emergency hotline. And i told her to run and call us help.

When they got close, i pointed the gun  at one of them, but they just laughed and thought I couldn't do it.

I was crying for my life their, and i shot. I pulled a trigger, and the guns recoil.

I shot one of them in the shoulder, when suddenly the sound of a police mobile car came.

The police pointed their guns to them. I cried as it is finished. They are actually some guys under the influence of drug.

And its been a year since that tragedy happens to me, and my friend Melissa.

*****************************************