Random Thing

So if you follow me you're probably aware that I'm really cracking down on my calorie intake and exercise schedule.

I try to do less than a thousand calories per day and at least an hour of exercise.

And as a result of this, I'm going low a TON.

When I go low, I don't count the amount of calories in the rescue sugar I eat, since I don't think I should feel bad about eating it.

My CGM lasts for a week, and when it's in, it monitors my BG and controls the amount of insulin I get from my pump. But when it's not in, I have a set basal from my endocrinologist that was set before I decided to start on my diet.

The set basal was to try and get my A1C down, so I'm getting the same amount of insulin I was before I started the diet. But now since I'm not eating as much as I used to, the extra insulin is just going straight to my blood and sending my numbers lower than they should be. And since my CGM isn't in to control the numbers, there's nothing stopping my pump from sending the same amount of insulin as it always does.

If you understood what I just said, you're probably thinking: uh, you should put in your CGM then.

And you'd be right.

But here's the thing-

A lot of the foods I like eating have plenty of calories and carbs that I can't afford to include in my daily intake. But when I'm low, I don't need to count how much sugar I'm intaking, since I need the extra sugar to survive.

I'm not stopping myself from going low so I can eat the rescue sugar that I would have regularly if I wasn't limiting my calorie intake. I refused to put my CGM in.

It's not a healthy habit, but it's something I'm doing anyway.

So, yeah, I just wanted to share this since some of you probably had similar experiences, even if you're not diabetic.