Questions, questions, questions...

»»————- Why should you tag your work? ————-««

Tagging your work helps your viewers view the content (Drawings, paintings, sculptures, writing, animations/videos) you make safely. By safely, I mean without having to experience something that causes them distress, or worse, a potential seizure, or episode.

It shouldn't matter whether tags will spoil your work to your viewers. Your viewer's safety should come first.
If you care about spoilers so much, perhaps add the warnings to your profile, claiming that your content has triggering topics or sights.

It isn't talked about, much. But what a person goes through because of exposure towards something that triggers them isn't easy, or pretty, or "fake/exaggerated" whatsoever.
I will gladly remind you that you have no knowledge of your viewer's backstories, and know nothing of what could have traumatized them into having their triggers. 
Triggering topics can bring anxiety or panic attacks to your viewer, or make them relapse on self-harming activities. And you can easily prevent that, by properly tagging your work.

Tagging your work is a responsible act to do. Many, many people appreciate it.

»»————- What's a "TW"? ————-««

"TW" is the acronym for "Trigger Warning". It can also be replaced with "TC", or, "This Contains".

»»————- "But they'd just skip the TW's, anyway," ————-««

That, is of the viewer's discretion and responsibility. Though, never make your TW's easy to miss; make them of bold font, or italicized, of bigger font, or of a different colored font [Red is the most commonly used- though, be sure of your background colors, and if they end up merging with your text]
It's always better safe, than sorry. Responsibility comes from both sides of the spectrum; the audience, and the creator.

»»————- How should you tag your work? ————-««

Right at the start of your content, add a small note including your warnings!

---If for a video; add a message before your content is shown, for the viewer's safety and comfort. (And make the message long enough, to catch the viewer's eye! Longer than five seconds, with a "pause to read" note should be good enough)
---If for a piece of writing (a story, oneshot, book, essay, etc...): Add a note at the immediate top of your body of writing. Put them in (parenthesis), [brackets], or //following dashes. Or, get creative with whatever border you choose!
---If for a drawing, (per say, the drawing is posted on Twitter, or Instagram, or any other social media,) add a "slide" with your trigger warnings. Then, your finished product

»»————- Any more questions? Comment here! ————-««