Chapter 23

𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐡𝐨 𝐏𝐎𝐕

It's been a month since the you know who situation and it's Hyewon's birthday.

I decided I should confess today since last time didn't go too well.

It was after we hung out with Yena and Changbin when I took her to the ice cream parlor.

Everyone already knew that Sakura and I broke up, but think its because of long distance.

We ordered our usual ice cream and sat down at our usual table.

"So when are you giving me my present!" she said looking like a five-year-old on Christmas.

"Okay, okay first present is this." I said handing her a velvet box.

Inside was a locket with a picture of us on the playground on one side and the other side there was an engraving of the date of the day we met.

"Aww thank you, I love it!"

Our ice cream arrived and I decided to tell her now.

"Okay so I'm gonna tell you something and you promise to take me seriously?" I asked her holding out my pinky.

She intertwined her pinky in mine and said "I promise."

"Kang Hyewon, I like you and I have for a long time so hear me out. When Sakura and I broke up she told me to finally confess to you and I tried after graduation, but that didn't go as planned, so will you be my girlfriend?" I asked.

She was a bit taken back as I waited for her to answer.

"U-uhh Yes!" she said and I picked her up and hugged her.

"Are you serious?" I said to make sure.

"Yes" she said and smiled.

We finished our ice cream and started walking around the park.

"Oh I almost forgot your third present!" I said and turned her to face me.

I leaned in and kissed her. I could tell she was flustered a bit, but she eventually kissed back.

"There, happy birthday..."