𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶

Technoblade gasps as he could feel the man below's vision boring into him. He realises what he's done, and covers his mouth, one hand grasped tightly around the branch.

"I know you're there." The man says, kicking his foot against the large tree, causing it to shake a few times. "I won't say anything, filthy shapeshifter." The suited man spits to the ground, and looks back up, "All I have to say is run, boy, run. The world is not made for you."

Technoblade doesn't answer for the fear that it would be a trick. He pulls his feet tighter to his chest, trying to regulate his breathing as best as possible.

The man laughs haughtily as if he knew that the boy wouldn't answer. He stands below the tree, giving it one rough shake and walking away, "Good luck pig. You'll need it if you want to get anywhere."

He almost falls from the shake, and has to take the hand off his mouth, and use it to help the other hand stabilise. Technoblade didn't know weather to trust the man or not, so he stayed put. Time was a weird concept to him, having been locked up for as long as he was. He stayed put in the tree. When the day completely arrived with the sun rising to its peak in the sky, he could not keep his eyes from drooping anymore, and he slept.

         He couldn't feel himself falling, and didn't wake when he did. In his dark, dreamless sleep, he heard a voice in the back of his head. A mans voice, but he couldn't pick up who said it, and ignores it, allowing his body to float in the darkness of his consciousness .

The boy has forgotten how to dream , how to live. All he knew was how broken he was after watching his whole world burn to ashes.

When he first met her, they were only ten. But they were best friends from the moment she got thrown into the cage with him and had spat in the face of one of the guards. Her name was Melody, she was also a shapeshifter, and she had had the singing voice of a beautiful angel. And just as the other kids in the facility had, she was murdered before his own eyes at twelve.

In the facility he learned to sleep as lightly as possible, any possible noise would wake him, and that kept him safe, from corrupted guards and other desperate kids who were dying to eat.

Technoblade had learned to fight for his life and survive. The guards never taught them with more than that shooting with blunted arrows, or dulled down wooden swords for the fear of mutiny.

Ever since he watched Melody and his 'friends' die, he had been plotting, and planning his escape. Technoblade never liked a facility, but after seeing the men in suits and the president murder kids whose only difference from them was they could shape-shift in cold blood, he knew he had to go. He ran away more times than he could count those two years, only to be caught and thrown into high security with one other kid who was maybe a little bit older than him.

They used to talk, when they both were in the obsidian shell of a prison. The other kid had horns, and couldn't keep his body in shape for too long, dissipating into a void like gas, and returning. It seemed like the boy never left high security. "Why are you here this time Blade?" He would ask every time, his voice cheerful for someone who could've been there for 16 years, all alone.

"Hey man. Why are you here?" He would ask, the same response asked to the question every time he got thrown in.

And every-time, he would respond with one of two responses. "Oh..I killed a guard again." or "I ran too."

Technoblade was surprised by the answer every time, and would often wonder how someone of that boy he met's level of cheerfulness could be so violent.

Of his most recent escape before this successive one, he was caught, and thrown into the prison once more. But the boy wasn't there this time. Instead, all that was there was a carving etched into the dark floor. "Run boy run! Running is a victory Run boy run! Beauty lays behind the hills."

"That guy escaped...What a mad man..." Technoblade whispers, running his hand along the etching, and starts to lay his head down.

Within that moment, he awoke in a panic, looking around a nicely decorated room. His crown and tattered cape laid against a chair. Techno struggles to get up out of the bed, but is unable due to his exhaustion, and collapses back.

He then hears the voice he heard previously, "Hey! Calm down! You're okay!"

/

Hey hey, 830 words poggers.

Anyways, who do yall think the other person in high security prison was??? 👀👀👀